• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Boomerang Shackles

seems interesting enough. but the company was formed in 2008, what have these guys been doing before that. they dont have any history written in there.:dunno:

They would look even more HD with welds????
SHXJ+2.jpg

They would look even more HD with welds????
SHXJ+2.jpg

Kind of looks like a CAD drawing, not the actual product. Had me fooled at first. If you look at the bushing you can tell it's not real. Not saying it's a bad product, just seems a little odd they'd post a drawing instead of a picture of the actual finished piece.

x2
Thats a rendering, not a photo. Might be bombproof in real life but I want to see something that's had a bead laid on it.

Well I just called and spoke with Darren,nice person to deal with,anyways,and went ahead and ordered a set,been looking for a couple days now for some boomerang shackles .
They are WELDED by the way LOL!!and was told the bushings are of excellent quality and very durable
They come in plain steel finish,need painting like other cusom fabbers.He will be sending them tomorrow and I probably won't get them this week seeing they are coming from Colorado shipping to North Carolina.I will post a pic of the finished real life product and how the work,look,quality...yada yada yada.
fergot to mention they are greeseable.

Last edited:
i found these not too long ago with google and i almost got a pair, but i decided i didn't want to be lifted that much more... let us know how they work.

It is an extremely long shackle,you better not be running stock "shackle" boxes!

Last edited:
Mostly due to the shackle angle-Has better droop capabilities and keep the shackle from hitting the area just behind where the body is.And a slight lift-though arguable by some.There probably are other reasons too-good and bad I guess.

Last edited:
yeah it is but these are a little longer than your average shackle....

i just sent the owner a email requesting additional pics sent to me or posted up on the website ... i am going to order them anyways... good deal and they are a little different than the norm and i need an additional inch of lift in the rear to help clear my truss on my gas tank ( rear is stretched)

Is that not the reason for the 'boomerang' shape?

A 7" shackle is going to put alot of sterss on factory sheet metal box.

How would it stress it more than factory shackles? Is it because of leverage? Have you seen the straight ones for a 2" drop on chevy trucks...those are not a boomerang style.I have not personally seen or looked at pictures or heard of anyone bending , distorting the stock uni-body mounts for the shackles.........maybe I will "plate" the stock area with angle stock just for good measure?

a boomerang shackle does not correct the shackle angle, it only clearances for the back of the shackle box...

I'm sorry but I don't agree with the previous statement.

You can get 1.5" and 1.75" and I can't imagine an extra .5" will start tearing things up expecially if you use the relocation boxes. I plan on getting a 2" shackle so I can get my angle correct and give me about 1" lift.

But if I'm wrong then somebody explain why.

Parakeet

Back