• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are the renix and ho headgaskets the same?

frsno jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of a rebuild and i am still undecided as to which head i am going to go with.
Having already put parts on order for the renix set up, i may have already made my decision without knowing it.
Are they the same?Or am i going the renix set up for now?

BTW its a renix block.

Essentially. In fact, as I recall, the compressed gaskets are the same thickness all the way up.

However, if you are going to go to a RENIX block and HO head, you will probably want to look for a 7120, which should have no trouble mating to the RENIX block via the RENIX gasket.

Since it is a common mod to put any one of the three HO heads (7120, 0331, or 0630) onto the RENIX block, and the basic difference between the RENIX and HO blocks is the machining of the knock sensor boss, and that aftermarket head gaskets can be found that don't care which block and head they are in between, I see no trouble with what you're thinking.

Since you've got everything torn to bits, you may want to look up Dr. Dyno/Dino Savva's writeup on home-porting the 242 head - every little bit helps... I don't have the link handy, but I'm sure he'll be happy to pass it along, and I usually pick him right with when I Google his name...

5-90

All the part numbers supercede to the same 53010587AA which fit the 4.0L from 87-05. This is a multilayer metal gasket.

Back