• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Too clean to be a Jeep.:flame:

repairs: front hubs & ujoints, and the water pump is starting to slowdrip.

upgrades: picking up an SYE kit from adams next month.

recent (this year so far): hood vents, mishimoto rad, trans cooler, coolant filter. (it was pumping mud through the engine)

7zumyXD.jpg

repairs: front hubs & ujoints, and the water pump is starting to slowdrip.

upgrades: picking up an SYE kit from adams next month.

recent (this year so far): hood vents, mishimoto rad, trans cooler, coolant filter. (it was pumping mud through the engine)

7zumyXD.jpg
Nice Jeep.

Alright, this is a new one for me. ‘93 ZJ, hit the brakes and the airbag light comes on. I’m guessing that’s related to ABS but never seen that. For context, the ABS light is permanently on. Haven’t checked the sensors or anything yet, the pedal is just perplexing.

Maybe it's telling you that if you don't fix the ABS, you'll be using the airbag?

I am widening a stock Dana 44 rear to match the full width Dana 44 in the front. I scored a good used ARB and replacement 4.56 gearset. I ordered cut down 5x5.5 Chromo axles. I hope to slice the axle and add a sleeve to widen it over Christmas as well as set up the gears.

I am adding disc brakes from an early GM axle that use a cable actuator for the parking brake and don't have those funky internal brake shoes for the parking brake.

Got the MJ back a few months ago and been doing little things with it.

knJO85fl.jpg

Swapped in the 89-90 RENIX ecu

ahBmbg9l.jpg

Put on the Azzys gauge faces
4iibql7l.jpg

Got some ACOS I want to put back on and a few other little things.

Need to finish striping down my other project MJ and sell some parts to move the WJ into the garage to get stiffners and bumpers on.

Replacing the mechanical fan that flew off the spindle and punched a hole in my radiator while going up Berthoud pass. Spindle was still bolted to the pully, I've never heard of this happening. Local store had a radiator but no fan, turns out you can drive a good ways without a mechanical fan in the winter. Fixed it on the side of a pass and went snowboarding anyway.
This vehicles falling apart haha

Replaced the valve cover gasket. Fancy rebuild with a cheap gasket. Also, re-installed the distributor so it wasn't 180 degrees off, and indexed it properly. Amazingly, it started right up and sounds deeper and smoother.

Back