• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Xj: EGR Vacuum Switch/Solenoid Options?

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
Mine is currently working but, is in a very old vehicle. The OEM part number is 33002298. I find them on ebay for $70 and Amazon for $90. Surprisingly, I could not find one on Rock Auto. What are people doing when this solenoid acts up and needs to be replaced?

Mine is currently working but, is in a very old vehicle. The OEM part number is 33002298. I find them on ebay for $70 and Amazon for $90. Surprisingly, I could not find one on Rock Auto. What are people doing when this solenoid acts up and needs to be replaced?

Probably going used parts or unplugging vacuum from the EGR.
I wonder if I have one kicking around......

Well, mine still works. If/when it doesn't, I'll have to suck it up and pay-pay-pay.

Disconnecting/disabling is a no-no here in CA.

It is just an electric 12 (or 5) volt valve. Common electric pneumatic control part type. Just need to know the voltage and NO/NC type spec and go shopping. May need to splice the connector and Mod the Vacuum tubing/hose connections, simple plumbing issue.

Having designed and built control panels that used pneumatic parts, its a no brainer for me. They rarely fail, and are probably easy to find used?

Back