• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introducing our Ultimate XJ Steering Brace!

Boostwerks.com

NAXJA Forum User
I'm proud to announce the release of our first new product for www.BoostwerksEngineering.com; The Ultimate XJ Steering Brace!

IMG_1836 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/150006253@N08/

We've spent a considerable amount of time working on this product, with the end goal of eliminating one of the biggest problem areas commonly encountered when building an XJ...steering box flex. The symptoms usually show up as a broken spacer, cracked unibody, or even a destroyed steering box. The Ultimate Brace eliminates the problem by placing the sector shaft in double shear by using a large 1 1/4" pillow block bearing. Securely attached to both uni-rails, our brace forms a substantial truss which effectively transfers the harsh shock loads evenly across the entire chassis instead of twisting and tearing at the steering box.

The Ultimate Brace is also designed to be adjustable in all 3 axis' to allow for some variation in the chassis. However, the design won't allow the brace to shift once fully installed. Because of this, our brace properly installed won't place any preload on the steering box unlike some of the cheaper U-Bolt braces found on the market. For the icing on the cake, we threw on low profile recovery/strap down points as well.

The brace is CNC cut and formed from 3/16" plate and .120 rect tube. Everything but the bearing is manufactured here in the states.

Steering Brace Assembly by https://www.flickr.com/photos/150006253@N08/

Sector Nut by https://www.flickr.com/photos/150006253@N08/

Sway bar drop brackets are required if you plan to keep your factory bar! We are offering our brackets at a discounted price if you purchase the brace at the same time.

Click the link below for more info and to order:

http://www.boostwerksengineering.com/The-Ultimate-XJ-Steering-Brace_p_8.html

Post up any questions you may have, or feel free to PM with any concerns you might have.

Thanks!
Bryson

Last edited:
Looks great!

Does it have enough adjustment to work with XJs that have the Durango box swap? It is a larger box, so it puts the shaft farther inboard.

Looks great!

Does it have enough adjustment to work with XJs that have the Durango box swap? It is a larger box, so it puts the shaft farther inboard.

That is still something that needs to be determined. Thank you for mentioning it though!

The brace also won't work with the factory front skid plate, as well as the Currie Anti-Rock sway bar. We are however working on adapter brackets for the Anti-Rock.

Here's the first batch ready for powder...

Jig welded for accuracy.

Finally, the best steering brace is released!! Hands down the best way to go, nothing is better then building a brace off the sector shaft. Next stock-ish XJ I get I'll be ordering one of these without question.

Wanna sell just a nut/bearing setup? My buggy could use a brace but I'll have to make a custom crossmember for it.

I curious how the bearing support would fair with hitting a rock? Maybe add some armor around it for protection? I am on the verge of ordering one.

Glad to see this on the market! :thumbup:

Looks even better than it did during R&D.

Finally someone made this for an XJ!! All these damn nice XJ parts coming out after I sell mine... :(

My only change to the design would be putting the bearing between the metal mount and the steering box instead of underneath where it is susceptible to rock hits. Kinda pricey too compared to PSC's kit, but I guess it saves you a steering box and cracked frame.

I curious how the bearing support would fair with hitting a rock? Maybe add some armor around it for protection? I am on the verge of ordering one.

Honestly, the bearing would more than likely take a substantial hit without damage. If it is however enough to damage the bearing, you would more than likely have destroyed the steering box anyways. Worst case scenario is that you damage the bearing, in which case they are readily available and inexpensive.

My only change to the design would be putting the bearing between the metal mount and the steering box instead of underneath where it is susceptible to rock hits. Kinda pricey too compared to PSC's kit, but I guess it saves you a steering box and cracked frame.

We put the bearing on the outside to allow it to be removed without having to pull the entire brace assembly. As for price, our brace is much more involved than the dodge units, not to mention there are also several MFG's out there producing knock offs which brings the overall price down.

Thanks for the input guys!

id love to do this but i know at least one of my sway bar nuts are gone what would suggest doing there

That would depend on how bad the sheet metal is surrounding where that nut was. If it stripped out, you could potentially just drill it out and install a 10mm nutsert.

If you weren't intending to use a sway bar, the brace would more than likely still do it's job with the remaining hardware.

I'd be interested in just the nut/bearing as well. I've got a brace already there that would be in the way.

Holy Brick Shithouse! Batman!

Kidding aside great product.

Now if I could win one in a raffle.:anon:

The shipping glitch has been fixed! We still have several available with Free Shipping! The braces are back from powder, and will begin shipping early next week.

Thank you NAXJA! :kissyou:

Holy Brick Shithouse! Batman!

Kidding aside great product.

Now if I could win one in a raffle.:anon:

:cheers:

Back