• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My rig and trailer for sale :(

XJ4PINOY

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it looks like my interest in wheelin is dwindling so i'm moving on to something else. So therefore i'm selling my rig and trailer. Here's what i've got.
fc033ff3.jpg

88 XJ 4.0 with the 242
-D30 in front with a lockright and 297X u-joints
-D35 in the rear with a Lincoln weld
-4" to 4 1/2" lift with Rough Country springs and spacers
-31" Swampers
-GDI 3 row radiator
-Converted Open cooling system
-Custom rack
-OEM spare tire carrier on the rear
-Receiver hitch and tow bar for flat towing
-Trimmed fenders
-Rewired electric fan with a manual switch
-New Alternator
-New brakes
-New master cylinder

Problems....It has a slight oil leak from the front on the engine, I also changed the rear main seal so that should be good. Front drivers seat broke off the tracks so it's welded to the tracks. Drivers tailamp needs replaced. This was used as a trail rig so it does have some dents and dings and custom pin stripes. Reverse is slipping which is wierd cause all forward gears are good. I was told that it needs adjusting.

Im001367_re.jpg

Front%20tow%20bar.jpg

23' Performance Trailer
-3500lb Dual axles w/brakes both axles
-Dove tail
-ramps with pockets
-5 lugs
-Tires 7.00 x 15LT
-Set up for weight distribution
-Set up for anti-sway
-Rewired all brake wire
-New 7-pin connection
-Newly painted black
The pictures show it being green in color but it has since been painted black.
IM001659.JPG

Im001662.jpg

I'm asking $800 for the rig and $1500 for the trailer. Of course the prices are negotiable to a point. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
I'm located in Sellersburg, IN
I really hate to do it but atleast i'll still have my ZJ :D

Eric

Here are the dimensions for the trailer....
Dimensions
Overall length= 27' 9.5"
Tongue length= 4' 9.5"
Deck= 20'
Dove Tail= 2' 6.5"
Overall Width= 8' 5"
Inside Fender to inside fender= 6' 11"

I am very interested! Could you send some more shots??? engine, interior, more outside? Im asking b/c im so far away.....
also......kinda wierd question, but was it adult owned? Are you the original owner?
Is the oil leak and reverse the only problems?
would this be able to make a trip from indiana to Georgia?? How would it be as a DD?
Thanks!

imma honky said:
I am very interested! Could you send some more shots??? engine, interior, more outside? Im asking b/c im so far away.....
also......kinda wierd question, but was it adult owned? Are you the original owner?
Is the oil leak and reverse the only problems?
would this be able to make a trip from indiana to Georgia?? How would it be as a DD?
Thanks!
I'll get more shots this weekend for ya! Yes, it was adult owned and I am not the original owner. The previous owner was my co-worker and he used it as a daily driver.
Yes, the oil leak and reverse are the only known problems. It also may need new front brake lines cause on a long drive they will start sticking on the front. I used it strictly for a trail rig with sometimes using it to go to the store but I always got stared at cause of it being so muddy.:laugh3:
As far as a road trip with it, I suggest not at it's present state. I removed both front and rear sway bars and I really don't know how it would run as I never took it for a trip. Just around town. :wave:
As long as you clean it up a bit and fix the oil and adjust the tranny along with the brake lines and put back on the sway bars, it could be a good DD.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions and i'll get more pics this weekend for ya.

Eric

I was interested in the trailer but a bit too expensice for what i want. And I am in Indiana..... oh well I'll keep looking.

Ok, well, this tranny problem has me a bit worried. I realize its a great trail rig, but im hoping to turn it into a descent DD. How bad is the slipage in rev? how often does it happen? you sure its only rev that has it? Also, about the brakes. Do you think it would make the drive without having to change them beforehand? Thanks.

mark268 said:
I was interested in the trailer but a bit too expensice for what i want. And I am in Indiana..... oh well I'll keep looking.
No problem, remember this is a 23' trailer guys not a 16'. If you check around you can get a 16' with brakes on one axle close to what i'm asking for this 23' with brakes on both axles. This trailer is not just a regular hauler. It's set up to carry some weight safely down the road with the weight distribution and anti-sway setup. Not to mention brakes on both axles and a 4' tongue. Interested folks are more than welcome to come and look at it or I can take as many angle pictures you want of it if your out of town. Shoot, i'll even hook it up to my Grand so you can see that the brakes work when you come and look at it. :laugh3:

imma honky said:
Ok, well, this tranny problem has me a bit worried. I realize its a great trail rig, but im hoping to turn it into a descent DD. How bad is the slipage in rev? how often does it happen? you sure its only rev that has it? Also, about the brakes. Do you think it would make the drive without having to change them beforehand? Thanks.

Understandable. I haven't really had the time to really check out the slippage in reverse. It may just need flushing too, which is what alot of people are saying to do first. I'm pretty sure it's only in reverse. When my buddies and I first discovered it we checked everything that we could (being that is was midnight) All four of us jumped in and took it around the block and all the forward gears shifted fine. As far as the brakes, the last run we did I had to drive a couple of miles on pavement on a hilly winding road (fun with both sway bars off) and the brakes started sticking and not releasing fully. So I would change out the lines before it takes a drive. For the last year this was used as my trail rig and have put it through some very hard stuff. I'll put it this way... As it sits now, I wouldn't drive it for more than just going to the store but with the few things mentioned it needs it'll make a good DD. The engine is still stong and never had an issue with it. Oh, I forgot!! I put in a new high flow oil pumo in when we did the rear main seal.
Let me know if I can answer anymore questions, I know it's kind of hard to gauge a vehicle when your so far away and can't look for yourself.

Eric

Last edited:
if u were only closer i might be able to get that rig off ur hands... i know a friend who would most likely buy

XJ is sold! :)
How about a BTT for the trailer :wave:

23' Performance Trailer
-3500lb Dual axles w/brakes both axles
-Dove tail
-ramps with pockets
-5 lugs
-Tires 7.00 x 15LT
-Set up for weight distribution
-Set up for anti-sway
-Rewired all brake wire
-New 7-pin connection
-Newly painted black

Dimensions
Overall length= 27' 9.5"
Tongue length= 4' 9.5"
Deck= 20'
Dove Tail= 2' 6.5"
Overall Width= 8' 5"
Inside Fender to inside fender= 6' 11"

I'm asking $1500 for it, which is well worth it!

Back