• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dome light push nuts 93XJ

flagdad

NAXJA Forum User
Help. I took out my dome lights months ago to address the problem of them constantly burning. I finally fixed them but now can’t find the push nuts I took off that hold them up. I can’t find ones small enough anywhere, online, auto parts stores. These are the little nuts that fit into the two posts from the roof that stick through the light housing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Maybe I’m searching the wrong name. Is there another name for these?

Can I assume your in Flagstaff? I know "Old School Paint" here in Phoenix has all those items.

If nothing else now I know a more proper name.
Not knowing any better I refer to them as speed nuts.
Anyway, if you Napa is anything like mine they have a big loose leaf binder of all sorts of stuff like this. Not pictures but the actual piece which makes it easy to compare.
My heat shield in my '00 above the exhaust was held in by those and I found what I needed there for that.

Thanks all. I got side tracked with what I hope is a failed fuel pump. I’ve changed out cps and tps and about to test fuel pressure. Then I’ll sort out the push but issue.

Got the right push nuts a NAPA. Heep still won’t crank but at least I have dome lights. Lol
Thanks again everyone

Back