• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust flange part number?

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
When I did my engine swap, we fitted a spare Walker cat converter to the downpipe and a section of flex pipe, basically by welding all of the pieces together with some scrap as a hangar. The cat converter has since gotten a hole punched into it, so I ordered a Magnaflow stock replacement (not a universal) and now I'm looking to see what's needed to get this thing installed.

On the converter inlet there is a square flange (looks like 2.5 x 2.75 4-bolt pattern) with a recessed lip. Based on cross-reference to Walker and elsewhere this appears to be the stock design.

The gasket is also square, with a protruding metal lip

getimage.php

The part I need to find is a matching square flange that I can weld onto the piece after the flexpipe so that I can bolt the front of the cat onto the exhaust. I assume this is a standard Walker number but I can't find it. Anybody know? Thanks

ps--this is for a 91 4.0

Last edited:
I've not seen it available aside from buying the front pipe and cutting it off-- I'm sure someone makes it, but I never found it when I was looking. Please share who and where you find it if it's out there.

Saw the flange off and install the cat. A double expanded pipe adapter will work. I bought one of those pipe expanders from Harbor Freight/JCWhitney/AutoZone, expanded the pipe and slipped it on.

Walker tech support says they do not sell the flange piece alone however they do have 31914 which is very similar.

Walker31914.jpg

The big difference is that the center hole is only 2-3/8" which makes it too small to put over the flex pipe. I could bore it out maybe, kind of irritating though since I have to pay NAPA $15 for a piece of steel and then pay a machine shop another $20 when I could probably just get a piece made by a machine shop for $20 to start with.

I did some searching last night, i only found this style flange with a 3" center for a Max-Wedge Mopar.

Can you source a used downpipe with the OEM flange?

I did prefer the flange to bolt the cat on my 88 over the 94's slip fit.

search Advance Auto for an "exhaust flange kit".......I bought one from there a couple of years ago. It comes with the flange and a couple short sections of pipe. Lemme see if I can dig up the part number.

Jeff

edit: here's a pic:
CAT_FLANGE.jpg

Last edited:
found it....Maremont #30173, and I had to order it via the AA website and have it shipped (took a day or 2):

20070121_0059.jpg

:wave1:

Jeff

The Maremont 30173 kit isn't available at the moment. Advance and Autozone don't list Maremont products anymore and Internet sites like Performance Peddler say the kit isn't available in the channel.

Maremont used to be up in NY but now shows their HQ in TN. Maybe they were bought or sold or relocated and in transition.

Back