• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to drill or not to drill

srb531

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
getting ready to do the wj ps pump on my 98, the specs are have PSC big bore box, psc cooler, will use the psc under size pulley, also i have hydro boost brakes which the ps pump sends fluid thru on its way to the ps gearbox. no ram assist, i run 38" swampers w/ about 10 lbs offroad, this is a 95% trail jeep. my old ps pump has gone south on me. that was the psc oem rated replacemt pump, worked ok for 5 yrs. just getting noisy lately. so all the write ups/ vids i see about the swap some say dont drill the hp output bushing, some say drill if to 3/16" or 5/32" this drill out mod was brought up long ago by texas offroad co. as a way to improve power of the OEM ps pumps ? any wj ps pump users hear w/ a opinion ? thx

I never drilled mine and just reused the XJ line. Never had issues.

were you happy w/ the results of using the wj pump, was it a big improvement over the stock xj pump ? lots of people say dont drill it just install the xj bushing & roll w/ it. think thats what i will do.

were you happy w/ the results of using the wj pump, was it a big improvement over the stock xj pump ? lots of people say dont drill it just install the xj bushing & roll w/ it. think thats what i will do.

I liked it a lot. I also ran a Durango box and was a great improvement over stock. I was on 33s but made my turning against obstacles a lot easier.

Back