• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Should I replace old (but working) OEM parts in heater core box?

ncxj98

NAXJA Forum User
I could use some advice!

I have a 98 XJ with about 128k miles on it. Unfortunately, because of a rain leak issue, I'm having my dash removed to access the heater core box to repair the weather seals. As of now, my heater core, a/c condenser, and blower are all OEM and still working (although the heat isn't as hot or powerful as I would want..).

My question is this: Since I'll already be doing the work, should I just go ahead and replace the a/c, heater core, blower at this time? Or is it better to just leave the them alone and hopefully not have to go in again for at least a few more years? I can't find a suitable heater core that would live up to OEM standards, but with the age, am I correct to assume that this original one wouldn't last much longer?
Bonus question: Any other advice for any other things that should be replaced while I've got this apart?

Back