• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Remote start no workee after locksmith made new keys?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I lost my key fob had to call a mobile to come out and make me new keys . I had the 4 function fob rear window , remote lock , and remote start . After he reprogrammed the jeep for the new key the remote start function does nothing with the usual two pushes of the button usually 2 honk locks doors and starts even if there's a code it still honks once . What that button dies do is if pressed 3x quickly the marked flash .The guy claims he did everything right but yet the function doesn't work and did 3 days prior when I parked it using my factory key fob . These guys charged me $185 per key I had Two made and they lost part of the function . Had anyone had this experience after having reprogramming for a new key fob ?

Found my lost keys 2 days after the re-key and while they're not supposed to still work they do and they still remote start the car while the $370 pair of new keys do not . The locksmith insinuated I never had this feature and now I found my key fob and it still works ...I'm pretty pissed at $185 a key and they don't work and the locksmith insinuating I lied ..lol ..well buddy now that I found my old fob were talking to your boss cause if you can't copy them right I want some cash back

I lost my key fob had to call a mobile to come out and make me new keys . I had the 4 function fob rear window , remote lock , and remote start . After he reprogrammed the jeep for the new key the remote start function does nothing with the usual two pushes of the button usually 2 honk locks doors and starts even if there's a code it still honks once . What that button dies do is if pressed 3x quickly the marked flash .The guy claims he did everything right but yet the function doesn't work and did 3 days prior when I parked it using my factory key fob . These guys charged me $185 per key I had Two made and they lost part of the function . Had anyone had this experience after having reprogramming for a new key fob ?
It's possible that the mobile locksmith did not program the remote start function correctly or there could be another issue with the system. It's important to contact the locksmith and let them know that the remote start function is not working properly after they made the new keys. They may need to come back and reprogram the remote start function. It's also possible that there is a malfunction with the remote start system itself, and it may need to be repaired or replaced. You may want to contact a local Jeep dealership or a reputable automotive repair shop to have them diagnose the issue and provide a solution.

I lost my key fob had to call a mobile to come out and make me new keys . I had the 4 function fob rear window , remote lock , and remote start . After he reprogrammed the jeep for the new key the remote start function does nothing with the usual two pushes of the button usually 2 honk locks doors and starts even if there's a code it still honks once this one. What that button dies do is if pressed 3x quickly the marked flash .The guy claims he did everything right but yet the function doesn't work and did 3 days prior when I parked it using my factory key fob . These guys charged me $185 per key I had Two made and they lost part of the function . Had anyone had this experience after having reprogramming for a new key fob ?
It's possible that the mobile locksmith did not program the remote start function correctly or there could be another issue with the system. It's important to contact the locksmith and let them know that the remote start function is not working properly after they made the new keys. They may need to come back and reprogram the remote start function. It's also possible that there is a malfunction with the remote start system itself, and it may need to be repaired or replaced. You may want to contact a local Jeep dealership or a reputable automotive repair shop to have them diagnose the issue and provide a solution.

Yeah it's funny after 2 years of the keys not working I figured out how to make them work if I hold down the hatch glass and door lock buttons at sane time it think honks and starts . I think it's how he set the keys up but he was adamant that he did nothing wrong apparently he did only took two years to figure it out . The factory key still worked correctly the two he made require this weird button pressing.

Back