• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Junk yard adventure trailer

sdigs

NAXJA Forum User
I have a chance to buy a trailer cheap. it is made from a 94 dodge dakota short bed and I am thinking about rigging an adventure trailer from it. Does anyone know of any junk yard springs that I could use to make it sit higher? My XJ has an RE 3.5" superflex and rides on 31's. I know nothing about the dakota, what type of rear suspension did it have? any suggestions?

you could mate in another dakota pack then see where it sits, add or subtract as needed. Mabye even do a spring over on it.

I think dakotas are spring under so you could go SOA with it.

I say do the spring over and keep stock springs that way it dont ride like:moon: . :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Two things.

First I'd ditch the axle and go with a trailer axle, even a trailer portal style axle. You don't want a diff. hanging down there to get caught. Trailer axles are cheap (under $100).

Second I'd be concerned about width here, a Dakota is as wide if not wider than an XJ and that could be an issue (especially if you're talking about a long bed). The beauty of the M416, M100, and most adventure trailers is that they are pretty short and narrow so when you are making turns the trialer follows the Cheroke exactly.

Just some considerations to make. If you want to be *real* trick you could narrow the bed ;)

GSequoia said:
...I'd ditch the axle and go with a trailer axle, even a trailer portal style axle...

What he said:
e446.jpg

Back