• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone tried Rusty's 'new' Motor Mounts?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my motor mounts yet again on my '96 XJ and have read great reviews of the MORE mounts, but the price is a bit high right now as you all know. Not knocking the parts and may end up going that route...

But... I noticed that Rusty's is now selling a newly designed motor mount that is not poly (I don't really want poly) and uses a replaceable rubber bushing...

here's the link

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchan...y_Code=PER_MOU

Anyone tried these or have an opinion?

Thanks.

Stallacrew said:
Meh. Bad reputation anyway - Rusty's products are very hit-and-miss. I already know there are going to be a bunch of Rustyphiles on here defending his equipment and customer (dis)service practices, but there are far too many reports of bad parts to ignore. Yeah, Rusty offers a lifetime warranty on a lot of his products, but do you REALLY want to have a trackbar break on you while in the middle of a trail? How about while you're doing 65mph down the freeway? Lifetime warranties are worthless if the stuff keeps breaking or puts your LIFE in danger if it breaks...

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I won't classify myself as a "rustyphile" (LOL), since my experiences concerning quality and customer service are much like the massess - pretty crappy. That said, I have run, and do run some of his non-moving parts. I currently have a steering box brace (this is the second rig I have had it one), which of course works just like it was designed (after I had to modify it to fit in the first place!!). I also used to run his poly motor mounts, and had no issues with them at all, virtually identical to the MORE version (poly). So, if (1) the price is right (2) the replacement bushings are available locally, and (3) you are willing to take the risk of a shipping/customer service nightmare -- have at it!

Back