• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Precision Brand u-joints

B.C.XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have these, know about them. When I asked for spicer this is the brand that the local parts store offers.
They list a direct crossover from the spicer 5-760x u-joint for the dana 30. They also have one that is called "heavy duty" and is greaseable at $34.(This makes this a "modified tech" thread!)

Let's hear the knowledge:yelclap:

I'd stick with Spicer. If you're running stock tires & open diffs you can put just about anything in there. If you need to upgrade u-joints, check out longfields, ctm's, ox, etc. Alloy USA makes the x-joint which is the equivalent of the Spicer also.

Yea, there Napas top end joint. Got them on on axle, and shafts. The front axle joint body is larger then stock size. Bearing cap is same overall dimension of course, but must be machined thinner on the inside. The plus is they offer a grease!!!! fitting.:idea:

About the Spicers, they are superior, but I replaced two realitvly new spicer greasable U-joints on my front shaft after lift, with the precisions, and the Spicers used the same crappy style seal. Not the internal cap seal I've seen on older Spicer joints.

I think you're right about the seals on Spicers. I knew something seemed different when I last changed my axle joints.

theoriginalscion said:
Yea, there Napas top end joint. Got them on on axle, and shafts. The front axle joint body is larger then stock size. Bearing cap is same overall dimension of course, but must be machined thinner on the inside. The plus is they offer a grease!!!! fitting.:idea:

About the Spicers, they are superior, but I replaced two realitvly new spicer greasable U-joints on my front shaft after lift, with the precisions, and the Spicers used the same crappy style seal. Not the internal cap seal I've seen on older Spicer joints.

The Napa PUJ line is the Precision stuff (all USA made), and the NUJ line uses the Japanese-made GMB products. Which aren't really that bad either. Most stores only stock the NUJ stuff but can get the PUJ products within a day or two.

I'm using a Precision 1310 in my front driveshaft right now, and have blown up two stock front D60 shafts, a D60 detroit, and two drive flanges, and the joint hasn't flinched. The rear driveshaft uses a Precision 1310-1350 conversion joint which has also lived through 8 months of hard wheeling.

If you get the Spicer Life Series joints they've got an excellent seal - it's very hard to get the caps off. This isn't the standard u-joint line though and the regular seal is usually sketchy at best. I'm running Spicer Life Series 5-332x joints in my front D60 alloy shafts and they've held up extremely well - two broken shafts and no u-joint damage.

I work for napa we sell a lot of precision ujoints very few problems installed greaseable wheel joints on my wrangler no problems .

What is the series of these axle joints? You know, like the prop. shaft u-joints are 1310 series. 5-760x is the Spicer number which usually brings up all different brands, but I'm having a hard time finding places that list the Spicer Life line, and I figured it's probably because of my ignorance about the series number.
EDIT: Sorry if this is considered hijacking.

Sorry if this is considered hijacking.

No worries. No hijack. This is all about information anyways.
Thanks for all the input. May have to go with Spicer. Don't think I'll go with any of the really beefy high end joints as I don't really want the joints to be stronger than other components in my front end.

Back