• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reinforcing full traction long arm mounting location

Dan2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so i put on my full traction long arm kit a week or two ago and i made a small mistake put on one of the lower controle arm brackets an 1/8 of an inch more forward than the other and i got it all adjusted and everything and it rides good and straight but it really bothers me knowing that it is not right so i want to fix it. But i cant just take it off and move it back because it is held on with self tapping bolts. So if i move it half of the old hole will be where the new hole needs to be and the bolt wont be as strong. So what i am getting at is should i take the bracket off and weld up all of the old holes then restart or should i weld on a new piece of metal over the framerail to reinforce and double the thickness of the framerail metal so the self tapping bolts have more to bite into or should i take it to a shop and have the brackets professionaly welded on to the jeep and have no bolts to worry about. Any thoughts or comments greatly apreciated.

Thanks, Dan

Weld it and wheel it.

I think the best case scenario is to reinforce the frame on both sides and have the brackets welded on. That is provided there would be no reason you might need to remove the brackets in the future.

Back