• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Promar Precision Engines?

I've gone with jasper for the last 2 engines, one in the wifes olds and the 4.0L in my 98XJ. Total cost of the 4.0 installed was $2700 w/install kit which included new water pump, belts, pulleys filters, hoses, etc, that kit added about $200. The warranty comes with a swap out if needed with labor included. I think it has a 90K warranty. My original engine lasted about 330,000 mi till #3 injector stuck open and washed the cylinder down...

The one that lasted 330,000 was the original 4.0, right? How did the Jasper engines hold up for you in both vehicles?

I have a 95 4.0 with 140,000 miles on it and all hell has broke loose with it. A really loud knocking even at idle. Going to drop the oil pan this week to figure out exactly what is wrong with it.

snowrun95 said:
The one that lasted 330,000 was the original 4.0, right? How did the Jasper engines hold up for you in both vehicles?

I have a 95 4.0 with 140,000 miles on it and all hell has broke loose with it. A really loud knocking even at idle. Going to drop the oil pan this week to figure out exactly what is wrong with it.

All original, run on mobil-1 it's entire life. Wifes olds overheated and warped heads, heads and labor were almost as much a jasper engine, got engine instead.
Engine in wifes olds, going on 4 or 5 years old now. Jasper in my 98, shade over 14 months or so.

Do you work your 98's motor hard? I'm a sledder, so during the winter it's very common for me to put 500 miles on the Jeep every weekend driving to NY pulling my snowmobile.

I used to commute from here in the poconos to NJ, 180mi a day, then started my own business and did jobs in philly, lehigh valley, and between.
Now I work in NYC and drive about 140mi a week, I use the train now.

Doesn't look like I'll be needing one of these. Got some great news tonight

A crank bearing is shot and it scored the crank a little bit, but my dad's going to fix it as best as he can. He really knows his stuff from racing a few years in the 70s and 80s. I'm still learning from him and stuck at school during the week anyways. He'll get a few new bearings and polish the crank as best as he can and we'll hope she lasts another 100,000. The loud sound was the connecting rod moving when it shouldnt have been. I have renewed faith in my Jeep

Back