• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Radius Arms

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey,
bought a ford 9" and ford d44 from a 76 with the intention of cutting off the brackets and using RE brackets and my current control arm (short arms) configuration - but the yard sold me a COMPLETE alxe with steering, radius arms, track bar, and coils still attached ha ha

so now im thinking that i can save 375.00 and use the Radius arms like some people here - but want to see everyones setup -

where it attaches, and specs on the crossmember, your steering setup, if i could do this again, i would...

everything that there is to know - lets see it.

And yes i have searched around - but not found anything close to enough info.

oh - and dont tell me it doesnt flex ...

thanks

xjj33p3r said:
The flex won't be as good compared to what you could get with control arms/long arms. Good luck

Not true at all. A wristed arm will make them flex as much as anything else out there. I don't run a wristed arm and I max out my brake lines and shocks so I really don't need any more. Dropping coils on the trail doesnt really help at all.

Here is my setup.
1xytxk

1xytz6

1xyu1d

1xyu5h

I have RE superflex joints on the frame ends. I made brackets to move the coil mounts in and plumb because I moved the axle forward. I really need hi steer but this works. The mounts need to be reworked if I want to wrist an arm but thats not an issue for me. farmer matts arms are the best option but cost a lot more to fab than mine did.

Last edited:
xjj33p3r said:
The flex won't be as good compared to what you could get with control arms/long arms. Good luck

and i said in the post - Dont tell me it wont flex...

beej:
$$$ and parts and college gives...

CW how did you get the RE SF joints on the ends of the radius arms? weld a tube and tap it to the threads on the arms?

I would use your short arms long before I would mess with the radius setup. It's a PITA to get the arms mounted up inside the frame and out of the way. A lot of the setups I've seen end up with the mounts hanging 4-5" below the frame rail. :puke:

If you don't mind spending the time trying to fab mounts to make the radius arms work, then make your own axle brackets instead of buying RE's. If your worried about the bridge buy it and nothing else.

My mounts hang down 2" and it hasn't been a problem for me exept I was stupid and put the zerks on the bottom. I just cut the ends off of my homebrew LCA's and welded them up with a nickle rod. I went with the radius arms because I have cast mounts and I didn't have much time or money to get it done with.

Back