• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those with radius arms NEED IDEAS

Redcbr007

NAXJA Forum User
had a quick question. I have a HP dana 44 from a f150. I want to try the radius arm setup (instead of the 4-link thats on right now) but am running into difficulty. When I mount up the radius arms to the axle, the radius arm end (stock threaded side) is about 10-12" lower then my crossmember. So if I was to force it up to the bracket (attached to the crossmember) the pinion angle would be way to high (pinion up in the air). I purchased 7 degree c bushings and still nothing....Has anybody run into the same problem? What are your recomendations?

thanks

-Red

This is the same setup I have on my MJ. I tucked the mounts as close to my fabbed up crossmember as I could and have had no problems with the pinion angle. I'm running 5.5" lift coils and 2" spacers (soon to be replaced with coilovers). The tricky part is getting the coils to set flat on the mounts on the axle. I've run it with the stock coil mounts for 2 years with not many problems, the drivers side coil wants to pop out, but hasn't. Best way to run this setup is to fab some new coil mounts that allow the coils to be flat and also bring the width of the coil mounts back into stock width (the F150/bronco mounts are wider than the stock xj/mj mount, this causes the coils to bow out at the bottom). If ya need any pics or have anymore questions just email me or post up here. My email addy is [email protected], good luck, let me know if I can help. Judd :greensmok

Almost forgot, in hindsight the best way to use the stock radius arms is to remove the stock stud type threaded end and use a flex joint such as the ones polyperformance or rubicon express sells, the stock ends just don't flex too well. Also, if you're going to all the trouble of this swap might as well wrist the pass. side are while you're at it, this mod will allow much more flex than the bone stock arms, good luck, Judd

ya, dont forget the castor

Are the stock ford radius arms cast?

For thoes who have lengthened the stock ford arms, how have you gone about doing that?

AARON

MrShoeBoy said:
Are the stock ford radius arms cast?

For thoes who have lengthened the stock ford arms, how have you gone about doing that?

AARON

Yes, welding to cast steel isn't that big of a deal, mine are welded with a nickle rod I am going to sleeve the arms soon because they are kinda soft. I just cut the ends off of my lcas and welded them up.

I built my own crossmember with modified radius arm mounts from a Ford van and then made steel wedges to fix the coil bow problem. Photos of everything are at: http://www.picturetrail.com/petermontie in the "suspension" folder.
How much lift are you expecting?
Jeep on!
--Pete

Back