• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gold Lake - July 20-22

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
This is an unofficial NAXJA run to Gold Lake, Lake Basin Rec. Area. Trail info will follow but I will lead a run on Snake Lake and one or two more mild trails.

If you have never been to the area it is absolutely gorgeous. Camping is free at the 4x4 Campground at the south end of the lake and there are plenty of spaces, all with tables and bear lockers, most right on the shoreline!

I will have more information as the date grows closer.

Camping...
369.jpg

370.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Gold Lake - July 15-17

I will know when the date gets closer but I'll put this in my calender for sure! Im totally down for this, looks awesome with the lake right there.

I will know when the date gets closer but I'll put this in my calender for sure! Im totally down for this, looks awesome with the lake right there.

Just make sure to put it down for July 20-22

I hope the title is fixed before it confuses to many people, I was looking at the wrong month on my phone...

Josh

Looks like an awesome spot. Quads and dirt bikes are allowed, right?

dude im in. its way fun up there

Definitely interested, looks like a great spot. I should be running 2.5" lift on 31's with my WJ by then. Will that get me to the camping next to the lake?

I'm putting this on the calendar. Definitely sounds like a good time.

Looks like an awesome spot. Quads and dirt bikes are allowed, right?

I'm in, this is my favorite spot.

Yes bikes are allowed. I'll no doubt have mine.

And josh i'm not sure when the last time you wen't but as of august 2011 it was a little harrier than baseball sized rocks getting into the 4wd campground. I put it into 4low only because i had a bike rack on my hitch.
But 31's w/ 4wd won't have a problem getting in. Buddy got into the 4wd campground with a lifted 2wd xj w/ an open diff.

Last edited:
dude a stock wj would make it in there just fine, let alone 2.5", 31s, and those posis front and rear. he could run all the trails back there with that setup...

I only got a few pics while we were there last but you can have fun on almost any toy out here.
wakeboardinggoldlake.jpg

228891_10150247041807023_648527022_7812291_5240538_n.jpg

285520_10150247039467023_648527022_7812226_1866251_n.jpg

We did all the wheeling at night so no pics of that.
I'll probably get there wednesday the 18th or thursday the 19th to secure a spot on the lake. I hear They get taken pretty quickly on nice weekends.
Some local turd had a tent set up that he just left at the best spot on the lake and he apparantly came and went on the weekends he chose. We left him a nice present.

Definitely interested, looks like a great spot. I should be running 2.5" lift on 31's with my WJ by then. Will that get me to the camping next to the lake?

I went there last year on 235's and forgot to put it into 4 wheel drive and made it. I was wonder why it was so much hard than the time before but it had just snowed so I though that was the reason. :sure:

Back