• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snake Lake Trail (up hwy 49) this weekend, 5-7th

Mike1331

NAXJA Forum User
Just thought I’d extend the invite for whoever. Heading up to gold lake tomorrow (Friday the 5th) at 5pm coming home Sunday. Blondejon is heading up with his cousin’s xj and I’ll be there in mine and the dirtbike. So I’ll be doing a little bit of both all weekend. We’ll be camping where the tent marker is towards the start of the trail along the lake.

http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=47

This is one of the best places I have been to camp and wheel. Great campsites by the lake and fun trails.

If you have not been there Gold Lake is pretty cold to swim in but Little Deer Lake was quite a bit warmer.

Wish I could go, have fun.

Josh

hows the fishing in the lakes up there? I wouldnt mind taking some trails out to the unmolested lakes of CA for some fishing since very few of the lakes that are readily accessible seem to have much left. I figure the alpine lakes have got a better chance of being like Canada than the rest do

Wish I could go with but Im unfortunately very busy this weekend

man i might need to take my heep this weekend now

wish i could Mike...thanks for the invite...you know why i can't.

man i might need to take my heep this weekend now

Do it.

Damn glad to hear you say that Josh, I've been to Downieville a bunch but not on this trail. Looking at the topo maps there seems to be a myriad 4x4 trails in this region.
I'm hoping gold lake is warm enough to get up on a wakeboard...

And hooper I hear the fishing is great out here

Looking at the topo maps there seems to be a myriad 4x4 trails in this region.

yeah I was looking at that area just last night, there are a number of trails that are basically connected up there around gold lake, probably a good place to set up a base camp for a weekend and run a couple

And hooper I hear the fishing is great out here

awesome, thats what I like to hear

all packed and ready to leave straight from work...
IMG_0005.jpg

I had to get a closer pic of this mint jeepster commando convert in the parking lot at work today. I would trade body parts for this...
IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

Last edited:
see you up there later mike. call you when i get off work.

mike,
i had a great time wheeling with you and my cousin mike and all your other freinds man!
lets go run this area again sometime soon

had a blast as well, your cuz can wheel that thing for open/open on 32's... I was impressed. This is my new favorite spot to camp/wheel. We NEED to do a run out here twice a year.

Fishfinder said the lake was 68 and it felt like it was right around there.

little carnage,
IMG_2368.jpg

this was unfortunately self inflicted and had nothing to do with a rock...

Jon we have to go back to snake lake hill to conquer in the daytime. Going up that at night is not advised... I had some hairy moments, thanks only to 3 people playing tug-a-war with a strap around the top of my cage i didn't tip over.

And yet again we hit up a truly epic region with no legit pics.

Last edited:
what happened? Looks exactly like what I always feel is going to happen when ive got the hatch open and high lift in the tail

dirt bike handle bar...

Weather was perfect- mid 70's, campsite/lake is at 6600 elev. so i was really surprised at how warm the lake was, perfect for swiming/wakeboarding.

oh yeah, forgot about that picture. thats a tough one

not really, with a rope it'll take less than 20 minutes to put in a new window. AND blondejon has 3 spare rear windows for my choosing so i'm pretty happy about THIS being the only issue as their are some hairy trails around here and with the snow drifts added to the mix it got fun.

also broke a rear 6* aluminum spring shim and a rubicon express break line failed and is bleeding (leaking) inside the clear rubber surounding the steel braided line...Going to head over there this weekend for the first time since they've re-opened to see what their new custi service staff is like for warranty service.

Last edited:
Back