• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanksgiving Week Plans?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I have excess vacation I have to take, so I am taking off Thanksgiving week. I will be working on some fabrication projects, but am interested in some wheeling.

Anybody interested in an overnight or longer? Could be talked into Moab. Maybe a miniFest out of Grand Junction?

Hmmm, never been to Moab but itching to go now that I've a got rig semi-capable. Not equipped to camp, but wouldn't mind getting a hotel somewhere and doing some wheeling. Should I scratch this itch so soon? :D

November in Moab is gonna be friggin cold at night boys...... go prepared. :thumbup:

The majority of the town is shut down for the season so rooms should be cheap, but I'm not sure what the restaurant situation would be. Probably not a huge issue since it'd be only a couple of days.

I may have to chew on this idea a while........ I have that week off as well.

So I would be most concerned with snow, but it seems that snow in Moab isn't a worry especially in November. A quick "Moab Thanksgiving" google search reveals that plenty of people decided to go there for the week, including a small group from the Cherokee Forum.

Hmm, I'll have to run this by the wife this evening. We'd only be up for Wed-Sun if we go.

If I go, it most likely would start by leaving Friday after work or early Saturnday. I would want to be back Wednesday evening at the latest.

Unless finances change, it will be a strictly camping trip, no motels for me unless I split a room with someone.

I will hopefully be under the WJ, trying to get Phase I wrapped up by Xmas...

I had the week off, but then we got word that a very big company with lots of money will be paying us a visit that week, so I'll probably have to be around to hold the bosses hands to keep them from pissing their pants.

Back