• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

talk me out of it or come help?

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
so I'll put it short: I'm electronically stupid :dunno::confused:...... has been since I was young, tried doing better and learning but still don't get it. so with that aside, I really want to do a high idle switch, on/off/shut down fan switch, and lock torque converter switch. probably one of the cheapest mods you can do since its wires, splicing, and switches, just as mention before though, I'm dumb with this stuff, key point to fathom my stupidity: in high school during computer lab I managed to lock a computer down so badly that they needed a special computer guy to fix it...
does anyone have electrical smarts that could come do it/show me? or are these ideas/mods a stay thing? they seem like a smart thing to do but I haven't really read many people talking about them or doing them :dunno:
and my jeep is a 97 4.0l

so I'll put it short: I'm electronically stupid :dunno::confused:...... has been since I was young, tried doing better and learning but still don't get it. so with that aside, I really want to do a high idle switch, on/off/shut down fan switch, and lock torque converter switch. probably one of the cheapest mods you can do since its wires, splicing, and switches, just as mention before though, I'm dumb with this stuff, key point to fathom my stupidity: in high school during computer lab I managed to lock a computer down so badly that they needed a special computer guy to fix it...
does anyone have electrical smarts that could come do it/show me? or are these ideas/mods a stay thing? they seem like a smart thing to do but I haven't really read many people talking about them or doing them :dunno:
and my jeep is a 97 4.0l
Sounds like a lack of confidence, not dumb.

Salem is a bit far, I can't get down there this week... But here's a wiring diagram that has always helped me. Weather it be a fan, fog lights.. Etc, its always best to use a relay!
foglite.jpg

If you follow this diagram you will be fine. Just remember its important you use the right wire size & fuse. The fuse is there to protect the wire. I have seen guys think big wire is better, and use the wrong fuse. Or guys think a bigger fuse is bigger protection. NOT TRUE. The device you install should say what the amps & fuse size should be.

Back