NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old December 26th, 2005, 11:59
NAXJA Forum User

Arrow Weird Front Noise

For about a year now after i have put in my BB 2" lift i have been getting this weird noise, which i seem to hear in the front. The noise can be described exactly as when someone drives a car on the side rumple strip on the highway, or a grooved piece of highway. I can hear the sound on the front floorboards and it usually occurs during decelleration or when coasting around 40-50mph . The first suggestions i got when i first posted about this was to check and or change all u joints, lube the slip yoke, remove front d/s and drive w/o it.

I have since tried all these suggestions, i have replaced all d/s u joints with spicer greasable ones and have greased everything i can and have driven w/o the front d/s with no results. The only thing i can think of is the ujoints on the side wheel joints , which havnt been replaced ?

Any ideas or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Pete
Old December 26th, 2005, 13:25
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Weird Front Noise

my old lifted XJ used to make some wierd noises like that, after doing the front drive shaft u-joint and the other 2 in the front it went away, if I read the post correctly you said you've driven it w/o the front d/s and it still makes the noise, so yeah check those u-joints at the ends of the axle