NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > SoCal Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

SoCal Chapter The SoCal Chapter covers Southern California and Arizona. Please post local topics here.

Old May 25th, 2005, 09:42
NAXJA Forum User

Need Project

my XJ is where its gonna be i think forever... going to a 4.5"on some 31's.. its CLEAN and i love driving it as a daily driver and dont want to RIP it up on the trials... id rather get another Jeep that needs work that i can mod and play with...

im looking for pretty much any jeep... or blazer(fullsize) or old landcruiser...

if you have a project that your just not gonna get to and you want it gone or some cash in your pocket, let me know.... need something i can play with... so so bored! thanks

JOe
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:26
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Need Project

ohhh land cruiser would be COOOOOL. I would love to do a FJ40 or something way down the road. If you can afford the cost they are not a bad project.
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:03
NAXJA Forum User

pmed
Old May 25th, 2005, 14:49
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
if you have a project that your just not gonna get to and you want it gone or some cash in your pocket, let me know....
I need to have the carpets in my apartment cleaned... Does that count?
Old May 25th, 2005, 15:14
Only Slightly Psychotic

Lightbulb Re: Need Project

How 'bout putting a 302 into a Triumph GT6+? I always wanted to try it but was never bored enough. Let me know how it turns out.

TIM

BTW, I was planning on using a 5 speed out of a late model Mustang.
'87 MJ 4.0 AW4 231 Stock-ish
SoCal Chapter Past President
Old May 25th, 2005, 16:14
NAXJA Forum User

ive chopped a vw in half and was able to ride a wheelie as far as i wanted using a cutting brake for turning....

ive put a 350 in a Chevy Vega and a 302 in a pinto... both wheelie mosters...

just want a beefie offroader i can build and kill ya know

JOe
Old May 25th, 2005, 17:21
Sarge

I have an 85 pioneer with a blown 2.5 that could really use a V8, major lift and some 38's ....I could deliver it to you for $500 total
Old May 25th, 2005, 18:48
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill
my XJ is where its gonna be i think forever... going to a 4.5"on some 31's.. its CLEAN and i love driving it as a daily driver and dont want to RIP it up on the trials... id rather get another Jeep that needs work that i can mod and play with...

im looking for pretty much any jeep... or blazer(fullsize) or old landcruiser...

if you have a project that your just not gonna get to and you want it gone or some cash in your pocket, let me know.... need something i can play with... so so bored! thanks

JOe
Interesting you mention this. I was in Tijuana the other day bc someone I know has a business down there anyway I saw a yard with maybe 12 cjs and tjs and 12 FJ40s. Down the street from my house there is a Chevy fullsize pickup on blocks, 4x4, maybe 1975 model, needs restored, would love to worke on that if I had the time and $. Someone I know in CO had a toyota landcruiser as a farm vehicle, cool but only had 4 spd though. I'll keep my eyes peeled anyway.
Old May 25th, 2005, 20:48
PostMaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by sintax
ohhh land cruiser would be COOOOOL. I would love to do a FJ40 or something way down the road. If you can afford the cost they are not a bad project.
I always wanted one.... till I saw so many break on the Con last year on stuff that an XJ with 4.56's and open diffs just waltzed through.
Old May 25th, 2005, 20:56
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kejtar
I always wanted one.... till I saw so many break on the Con last year on stuff that an XJ with 4.56's and open diffs just waltzed through.
the mighty XJ...... land cruisers are waaaaayyyyyy over rated IMO
Old May 26th, 2005, 06:54
NAXJA Forum User

I personally would love to have a brand new FJ40 pickup that they sell in Africa. It has a 6cyl 24valve turbo diesel and electric lockers front and rear from factory....
Old May 27th, 2005, 15:44
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Remi, put 400 XJs on one trail like the Con....I bet you'd see just as many broken parts. As far as waltzing, some people can dance, some can't.

Just pokin' fun...

Dan
Old May 27th, 2005, 15:48
PostMaster General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Turner
Remi, put 400 XJs on one trail like the Con....I bet you'd see just as many broken parts. As far as waltzing, some people can dance, some can't.

Just pokin' fun...

Dan
LOL.. oh they would break all right... just not all on the same obstacle like the yotas
Old May 27th, 2005, 17:00
NAXJA Member #631

Location: Gardena(90247), SoCal Where the 91/405/110 Fwys come together

Quote:
It must have been a bad day for the '40s.... My 77 FJ40 ended up rusting to death. It drove good but the body couldn't keep up..... (Oh yeah and Birfields suck!)

Scott S