• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ build sheet. do I have a 27 or 29 spline?

Ray H

NAXJA Forum User
Can someone go here and have Mike run a build sheet. I need someone with a 27 spline 8.25 and someone with a 29 spline 8.25.
the reason I dont know what I have is Im too lazy to pull the axles and my XJ was made in 09/96. The cutoff was sometime around there.
I ran mine and all I got back on the axle was this.

DMDS 3.55 AXLE RATIO DRAS CORPORATE 8.25 REAR AXLE

I dont even know if a build sheet will tell you if you have a 27 or 29.
Go here for the free build seheet. It only good through today.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=559970

Ray - FWIW, mine was also made in 9/96 and I had 29-spline shafts.

Can you head over to JU and have mike run a build sheet to see what yours says about the axle?

spilne
Ray H said:
Can someone go here and have Mike run a build sheet. I need someone with a 27 spline 8.25 and someone with a 29 spline 8.25.
the reason I dont know what I have is Im too lazy to pull the axles and my XJ was made in 09/96. The cutoff was sometime around there.
I ran mine and all I got back on the axle was this.

DMDS 3.55 AXLE RATIO DRAS CORPORATE 8.25 REAR AXLE

I dont even know if a build sheet will tell you if you have a 27 or 29.
Go here for the free build seheet. It only good through today.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=559970

with a build date of 9/96 it should be a 97, which SHOULD translate into 29 spline.

red91inWA said:
spilne

with a build date of 9/96 it should be a 97, which SHOULD translate into 29 spline.

Normally you would think so but being the change over year, who knows. I know thaty mine is titled as a 96 model year and not a 97.

i know that at some point during the last run of 96s, they changed from 27 to 29 so I was looking for a comparison of the build sheets to see if that would be a way to tell.

Back