NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old January 17th, 2004, 17:59
NAXJA Member #1299

One piece header or three piece header??

I have been pondering this one. The Banks and Gibson are one piece headers with all the pipes mergings in one spot making some of the pipes longer than others. The Pace Setter header is a two piece header with another pipe to connect them, these look more like equal length pipes to me. Who out there thinks there would be a difference in the performance. Not to mention the Pace Setter is about $200 cheaper. Any input.

Thanks, Joe
Old January 18th, 2004, 08:20
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

Re: One piece header or three piece header??

I've used both borla and pacesetter and by far i liked the borla the best. I realy cant compare the pwer since the motor with the pacesetter had a cam and other work done to it. I know the borla cost more but you get what you pay for. if you realy worried about the power aspect and a stroker is in the works the mopar one witch i belive is a mike leach(sp?) is the best one bu ona stock or mild motor you wount see a diffrence.
Old January 18th, 2004, 12:14
NAXJA Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXJ4FUN
I've used both borla and pacesetter and by far i liked the borla the best. I realy cant compare the pwer since the motor with the pacesetter had a cam and other work done to it. I know the borla cost more but you get what you pay for. if you realy worried about the power aspect and a stroker is in the works the mopar one witch i belive is a mike leach(sp?) is the best one bu ona stock or mild motor you wount see a diffrence.
I am running a 4.7 stroker I built myself. I am of course using it very minimal until some of the necesary mods like exhaust and whatnot catch up to the engine.
Old January 18th, 2004, 12:27
I have not Confirmed, or I used a BAD email Addy

The mike leach would be best it has a 2.5in outlet and most who have them are very happy.