NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #46  
Old May 17th, 2020, 16:53
Nates2000XJ's Avatar
Nates2000XJ Nates2000XJ is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Jose
Posts: 116
The Black Pearl

9Ē locker, gears, and third member are out getting set up. 35 spline cut to length shafts arrived today. All literature, packing slip included, says they are the press in wheel stud style although the ones that showed up are drilled for threaded studs. They do, however, fit the Ď89 Bronco rotors that Iíll be using for the disc brake conversion unlike the stock 31 spline shafts. In reading on whether or not to use grade 8 bolts as studs, it sounds like itís a little sketch to run just bolts so Iíll track down legit thread in studs.




Once i get the third member back I can get these trimmed and installed before welding caliper brackets on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old May 25th, 2020, 22:13
Nates2000XJ's Avatar
Nates2000XJ Nates2000XJ is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Jose
Posts: 116
The Black Pearl

I met up with some friends this weekend and picked up the 3rd member on the Reno Run this last weekend. My buddy did a killer job getting the Yukon 3rd, ARB, and 5.13 gears set up.





Itís gonna be hotter than a hoochie cooch for most of this week so hopefully Iíll find time to get the diff in the housing.

As far as the 44 goes, itíll be getting some more attention now that the rear is almost done. East coast gear supply has ARBs 10% off along with a 15% moving sale. Some parts for the 44 should be here on Thursday so Iíll show more when I get them. 🤐


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old May 25th, 2020, 23:03
DocTremp DocTremp is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 190
The Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates2000XJ View Post
I met up with some friends this weekend and picked up the 3rd member on the Reno Run this last weekend. My buddy did a killer job getting the Yukon 3rd, ARB, and 5.13 gears set up.





Itís gonna be hotter than a hoochie cooch for most of this week so hopefully Iíll find time to get the diff in the housing.

As far as the 44 goes, itíll be getting some more attention now that the rear is almost done. East coast gear supply has ARBs 10% off along with a 15% moving sale. Some parts for the 44 should be here on Thursday so Iíll show more when I get them. 🤐


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iím jealous of your ARB man! Is that a Nodular iron 3rd member?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old May 25th, 2020, 23:06
Nates2000XJ's Avatar
Nates2000XJ Nates2000XJ is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Jose
Posts: 116
Re: The Black Pearl

Thanks man, yeah nodular iron with the larger daytona pinion bearing.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old May 26th, 2020, 12:47
GordoSmasho's Avatar
GordoSmasho GordoSmasho is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia City, NV
Posts: 3,566
The Black Pearl

Hope it last longer than this one did on its first time out.

Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old May 26th, 2020, 16:02
DocTremp DocTremp is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 190
The Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordoSmasho View Post
Hope it last longer than this one did on its first time out.


Ouch! Did he come down on a rock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old May 26th, 2020, 20:23
Nates2000XJ's Avatar
Nates2000XJ Nates2000XJ is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Jose
Posts: 116
Re: The Black Pearl

Gordo who was this? I saw photos of this over the weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old May 26th, 2020, 21:10
Phil's Avatar
Phil Phil is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Posts: 3,622
Re: The Black Pearl

Wow, never going to see a Dana 60/Dana 70/14 bolt/Sterling do that.
__________________
Spotters lead the way!
My green junk. or #StellaFTH4
1989 XJ Wagoneer. Basically stock.
G & G Offroad and Auto Repair can make you think you can run the Box!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old May 26th, 2020, 21:30
GordoSmasho's Avatar
GordoSmasho GordoSmasho is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia City, NV
Posts: 3,566
The Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTremp View Post
Ouch! Did he come down on a rock?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Cv let loose an the shock destroyed the 3rd member.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old May 26th, 2020, 21:31
GordoSmasho's Avatar
GordoSmasho GordoSmasho is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia City, NV
Posts: 3,566
The Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates2000XJ View Post
Gordo who was this? I saw photos of this over the weekend.

It was a local guy. First run out with the axle too. Felt bad for him. This happens a lot in drag racing.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old June 11th, 2020, 10:25
Nates2000XJ's Avatar
Nates2000XJ Nates2000XJ is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Jose
Posts: 116
The Black Pearl

Havenít had anything really going on over the last few week until yesterday. Front shafts for the 44 showed up but the locker is still back ordered. I was relieved when I found out the 30spline stub shafts fit through the spindles. Sick.






I got started on a diy skid plate kit for the 9Ē, pretty stoked on how it came out. Also drilled and welded a fill bung. Now that the skid plate is done Iíll work on a drain bung.

Rear axle bearings and seals showed up so Iíll get those slammed on so I can cut the shafts to length. Weíll see how they turn out. Anyways, enjoy.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old June 11th, 2020, 18:45
DocTremp DocTremp is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Northern California
Posts: 190
The Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nates2000XJ View Post
Havenít had anything really going on over the last few week until yesterday. Front shafts for the 44 showed up but the locker is still back ordered. I was relieved when I found out the 30spline stub shafts fit through the spindles. Sick.






I got started on a diy skid plate kit for the 9Ē, pretty stoked on how it came out. Also drilled and welded a fill bung. Now that the skid plate is done Iíll work on a drain bung.

Rear axle bearings and seals showed up so Iíll get those slammed on so I can cut the shafts to length. Weíll see how they turn out. Anyways, enjoy.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Those RCV stub shafts look super nice. That pinion skid looks pretty sweet too!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old June 12th, 2020, 09:16
blondejoncherokee's Avatar
blondejoncherokee blondejoncherokee is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sacramento
Posts: 13,421
Re: The Black Pearl

dude looks awesome !
__________________
As soon as I crest the top i'ma turn driver and floor it!

1998 4.6 stroker , aw4 XJ on 60/14b , 5.38s, grizzly/detroit, cage, 40s, psc big bore box , assist, 3 link,transgo aw4 reprogram
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old June 12th, 2020, 10:00
GordoSmasho's Avatar
GordoSmasho GordoSmasho is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Virginia City, NV
Posts: 3,566
The Black Pearl

Thats sexxxy!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old June 12th, 2020, 10:21
sdspearo's Avatar
sdspearo sdspearo is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Encinitas, Ca
Posts: 876
Re: The Black Pearl

You know what they say...once you go brown you'll never turn around!

__________________
'96 XJ: Locked up D44's on 35" Milestar Patagonia's, ChroMo axles, 6" lift w/ 3 link front, 4 link rear, AX15, Atlas 5.0, Internal cage, DIY beadlocks, hydro assist, big ass stinger!, ...
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JcrOffroad, The Sale Awakens! Black in Black/Black Friday! jcroffroad Vendor Advertisements 0 November 17th, 2015 08:36
Cleveland CG1 black pearl clubheads xjjeeper19 Non-Jeeps Items go here. 1 November 6th, 2009 20:40
Aqua Pearl XJs Crabapple Jeep Picture Showcase 28 March 2nd, 2009 20:03
Pearl Jam fans LilRhodyXJ Non-Tech / Off Topic 15 June 14th, 2007 16:45
Want to run Pearl Pass 7-24/25????? old_man Colorado Chapter 0 July 21st, 2004 18:21


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014