• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horizontal ofa on 1988 jeep xj

white hawk

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one have the part numbers to put the horizontal oil filter adapter? Wanting to change my vertical one out so i can run bigger oil filter on my 1988 jeep xj and have standard threading. Local junkyards have no jeeps with this part still on it so gotta buy it new and in parts. I searched and searched for a few days. I must suck at searching.

What motor? The 4.0 never had a vertical filter.

Yeah 4.0. well i just got this jeep and the filter is upside down and its a 1988.
51119793362_9b8ef79d59_m.jpg

It look like the adapter is improperly indexed.

I just bought it and going through all the bugs of it. I know it has major oil leak from that area is another reason why i was just gonna put a new one in. Owner before me was not a mechanic or even close. Its why i was asking about the other adaptor since im replacing it anyway might as well go with a standard threaded one.

I stand corrected, I forgot about that style adapter. Space seems like it might be a problem to do anything else?

Thanks RCP Phx. That might do it. Wil look into it when its day light outside more in that area. Wasnt to sure if i could just buy a whole new one from a 91 and put it in.

Back