• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a v8 fuel pump work on a 6cyl grand...

gill41083

NAXJA Forum User
the fuel pump in the grand cherokee went out and i cant afford a new one, but i have a parts jeep with a v8 in it, does anyone know if they will interchange and put out the same amount of pressure?

the one with a 4.0 is a 93 and the one with a v8 is a 96 i think

yes it will i have a monster holley fuel pump on mine that is designed for drag racing and it still pumps the same amount in there. A little loud though.

Yes, the fuel pump is the same, but not the whole assembly.

Yes, the fuel pump is the same, but not the whole assembly.

Not necessarily. I have seen two differnt fuel pumps in two different sending unit styles in xj's. I call them short and long because one is about 4" long and the other is around 6" or so. They both come out of HO's.

Not necessarily. I have seen two differnt fuel pumps in two different sending unit styles in xj's. I call them short and long because one is about 4" long and the other is around 6" or so. They both come out of HO's.

Yes this is an XJ forum, but the question was specifically about a 93 ZJ with a 4.0 and a 96 ZJ with a V8. The part numbers for the pumps are the same thus the pumps are interchangable. The question was not if all ZJ fuel pumps are the same, because they are not.

I was talking about xj's not zj's and you first post said nothing of part numbers.

I was talking about xj's not zj's and you first post said nothing of part numbers.

I didn't know that it was necessary to document every one of my actions (crossing part #'s) to verify that my answer to someone's question is correct.

Back