• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you save a PDF picture file as a JPEG file???

TRNDRVR

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a PDF picture file that I want to save as a JPEG and then be able to either print on my photo quality printer, or take somewhere and have it enlarged.

Can it be done????

Thanks,
Dan.

No. Impossible.

Well.....if the PDF hasn't been 'securitized', the images can be extracted to JPG. It does require a 'full' version of Acrobat--not the reader only version.

TRNDRVR said:
I've got a PDF picture file that I want to save as a JPEG and then be able to either print on my photo quality printer, or take somewhere and have it enlarged.

Can it be done????

Thanks,
Dan.

First Dan... Why can't you print the PDF on your photo printer, is it a no print type PDF (security)?

Second... Blowing up is risky business, that will depend HEAVILY on the PDF file's embedded quality.

Hit me up backchannel with more details (file size of the PDF and the physical size you want it printed) and I might be able to help you out.

Sequoia

TRNDRVR said:
Can it be done???? Thanks, Dan.
Hi Dan, yes you can. First use the image selection tool in Acrobat Reader to select whatever portion of the image you want. Once you have selected it, copy the selection to the clipboard. Next, paste the clipboard image into your favorite image editor. Then save the new image as a JPEG file, and manipulate or print however you wish. I recommend not using JPEG though if you have Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. Use their proprietary image formats, they are much more powerful.
Hope this helps,
B.

If its a PDF then it can be printed anywhere you have Acrobat. I have distiller, so I should be able to extract the JPG from the file if you want.

--Matt

Beej said:
Hi Dan, yes you can. First use the image selection tool in Acrobat Reader to select whatever portion of the image you want. Once you have selected it, copy the selection to the clipboard. Next, paste the clipboard image into your favorite image editor. Then save the new image as a JPEG file, and manipulate or print however you wish. I recommend not using JPEG though if you have Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. Use their proprietary image formats, they are much more powerful.
Hope this helps,
B.
Got it!!!

Thanks everybody,
Dan.

red91inWA said:
Your JESUS JAMMIES pic ?
No. It was this one of you in your Tinkerbell outfit.....
fairy.jpg

You devil you!!!

:D

Back