• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diff cover testing........

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I have watched 2 episodes from Banks on the diff covers and subscribed to it.
The oil levels, flow/churn and aeration when running interest me as was indicated by the use of a clear diff cover.

I’m waiting to watch the third since it’s the only one with the results. Lol. I have an aftermarket cover in my Duramax for looks and capacity. I’ve never heard of premature failure caused by the potential issues described by the Banks video so I’m curious as to what he’s got to say about it. I’m sure it’ll lead them to making a cover based on their research that comes with a hefty price.

I’m waiting to watch the third since it’s the only one with the results. Lol. I have an aftermarket cover in my Duramax for looks and capacity. I’ve never heard of premature failure caused by the potential issues described by the Banks video so I’m curious as to what he’s got to say about it. I’m sure it’ll lead them to making a cover based on their research that comes with a hefty price.

Their second video was great. Really interesting thinking about the fluid get caught up on corners/edges - which leads to heat.

If they do sell one, I bet it works better than what is on the market.

Been watching every episode as they come out. I like how Banks is extensively covering all the real world variables. As giddy as Gale is to reveal the data, I think he's gonna say stock is better than current aftermarket options.

May be adjusting my fluid levels based on the findings.

Interesting...makes me feel a little better about my ARB covers since they retain the stock fluid channel shape that mirrors the ring gear curve.

I would love to see some front axle testing !!!

I noticed he seems to only be testing aFe's cover and a stock copy.

And not current aFe, but the discontinued one. The current generation has a much closer to stock profile.

He seems to be going after aFe a lot since his top guys left and went over to afe..

I think his results are a lot of theory and may not apply to the real world very well.

And not current aFe, but the discontinued one. The current generation has a much closer to stock profile.

He seems to be going after aFe a lot since his top guys left and went over to afe..

I think his results are a lot of theory and may not apply to the real world very well.

Interesting indeed! I was wondering why the sudden infatuation with diff covers, after all, they have been around unchanged since,..(there were diff covers) as long as most/all of us could remember.

I will take a wait and see attitude.

Well that makes this a bit more interesting

I'm still looking for bogusity........:yap:

I'm still looking for bogusity........:yap:

I didn't say bogus, just don't apply to the real world.

Like when he decided that CFM doesn't matter on intakes and we should be looking at Air Density instead. Its true that getting denser air in would offer better gains that getting a little more air in; but in the real world you don't have a lot of control over the air around you, so you're best bet is to shove as much air as you can down your intake.

One thing to remember is that Gale isn't an engineer, and didn't go to school for engineering He's just a guy who tinkers and got some good early products onto the market, but he lets his success get to his head and puts his name before the math. Several NAXJA members who are actual engineers have worked for him (one designed the XJ headers, another the jeep 4.0 turbo system, in fact) but they have all left in favour of greener pastures.

He seems to have taken that shit personal and takes any chance he can get to spit at his former staff. One of them spent a couple of years ago redesigning aFe's diff covers. Makes me suspicious here.

shrug. take it for what its worth.

I didn't say bogus, just don't apply to the real world.

Like when he decided that CFM doesn't matter on intakes and we should be looking at Air Density instead. Its true that getting denser air in would offer better gains that getting a little more air in; but in the real world you don't have a lot of control over the air around you, so you're best bet is to shove as much air as you can down your intake.

One thing to remember is that Gale isn't an engineer, and didn't go to school for engineering He's just a guy who tinkers and got some good early products onto the market, but he lets his success get to his head and puts his name before the math. Several NAXJA members who are actual engineers have worked for him (one designed the XJ headers, another the jeep 4.0 turbo system, in fact) but they have all left in favour of greener pastures.

He seems to have taken that shit personal and takes any chance he can get to spit at his former staff. One of them spent a couple of years ago redesigning aFe's diff covers. Makes me suspicious here.

shrug. take it for what its worth.

Cal, at the end of the Banks vid #2, Gale tosses out the term "bogusity".......that was a first for me.
:D

Back