• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mobil Multipurpose ATF

I'd be somewhat careful with that, some have had problems with running synthetics in the tranny, some have not and have had no problems. I run it in my 231 and have for years. I also run Mobil-1 gear oil in my AX-15 which is not recommended. Do some searching, that has been discussed here for the past 5+ years.

I am running this fluid in my '01. It's $13 a case at the local club store. Way too cheap to be a synthetic. All they did is renamed their Dexron/Mercon "Multipurpose". It's different than the universal ATFs like the one Amsoil makes.

Whoops, thought you were referring to mobil-1 atf... gotta read better...

I should be more clear and say that I am running it in the tranny. I am running Amsoil Universal (full synthetic) ATF in the t-case. I personally would only run a full synthetic like Mobil-1 or Amsoil in the t-case.

Thanks guys.

The XJ I plan to put it in, has 193K on it, so I don't plan on going to full synthetic anywhere...except for the rear diff since I have the tow package. I've been putting a half quart of M1 10W-30 into the motor with each oil change to try and clean things up a bit in there though. :)

Back