• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99XJ build up thread!

Hatchet

NAXJA Forum User
Travis Roark of Roark Fab works is doing some work on my XJ. The majority of it is custom work (Bumpers, sliders, long arm 3 link with TB, internal cage, etc) He posted up a build up thread on kentuckykrawlers.com I figured I would share it with you boys here and NAXJA. It should be pretty sweet, details of the build here http://www.kentuckykrawlers.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2911 There are a few pics now but I have some more with front suspension and steering on and all 4 tires mounted I will be posting later this evening. Let me hear some feedback! (yeah I know, you can save your D30 comments, it is temp. until I get a 44 front.)

ruggedjeep said:
Looking good, so now that you've spent a couple grand building your rig, spend a few more $$ and become a member on here. :D

Yeha I have been meaning to do that for a while now...Although you see I only have 14 posts (now 15 I guess). I read on here quite often, it is a good site a lot of good info.

That looks really good, Irocks really make it look mean.
And I love the gold. Are you going to paint the header piece, and hood to match, or just repaint the whole thing? I know thats not really an issue right now, seeing that the suspensions not done yet, but just wondering :D

Rocker Guards?
SInce you said you're swapping the D-30 won't ask about the tie rod flip.
Nice start, You said you wheeled it at Harlan. How are those 7 pack rear leafs flexing? Or did it stay on the Blue trails?

DaffyXJ said:
Rocker Guards?
SInce you said you're swapping the D-30 won't ask about the tie rod flip.
Nice start, You said you wheeled it at Harlan. How are those 7 pack rear leafs flexing? Or did it stay on the Blue trails?

Harlan? I personally havent wheeled in Harlan....The XJ I am building in the pics hasnt even ever been driven on the road much less off road...What do you mean you won't ask about the tie rod flip? What did you want to know about it?

Oh and rocker gaurds are coming too...

My Bad, read this on the KK site, thought it was from you: "its done, actually, its made it to Harlan twice and still in one piece....only problem is i have to crawl under it to put it in 4 wheel"

The flip: you said the D-30 was temp and a 44 was going in, so seems sort of silly to ask about the flip and if it was a kit, or did you make it up. did you go cross over or inverted T with it.? But like I said, sort of not worth it if you're gonna do a high steer 44.

DaffyXJ said:
My Bad, read this on the KK site, thought it was from you: "its done, actually, its made it to Harlan twice and still in one piece....only problem is i have to crawl under it to put it in 4 wheel"

The flip: you said the D-30 was temp and a 44 was going in, so seems sort of silly to ask about the flip and if it was a kit, or did you make it up. did you go cross over or inverted T with it.? But like I said, sort of not worth it if you're gonna do a high steer 44.

Ah my name on there is Hatchet. As far as the axle the 44 is gonna take some time to build. As I am just building it myself in my Garage and just building as I have money to put in it. So I went ahead with the Rock Krawler X factor steering.....for now.....

Back