NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old December 23rd, 2004, 17:46
NAXJA Forum User

Took in some water...

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, & I've got a '98 XJ with a 4.5 Rusty's lift, TB spacer, air tube w/K&N, and Flowmaster cat-back sys, I used to live in NorCal (near Bridgeport), and I've since moved to SoCal (Carlsbad), work at Camp Pendleton; in both locations, I enjoy/ed moderate wheeling. Anyways, all that's besides the point, just some background info. Here's the deal: today, went wheeling, attempted to ford a crossing I thought wasn't as deep as it really was. Took in some water, immediately shut it down. Towed it to the shop, pulled the plugs, turned it over several times, spit a good amount of water out. After that, changed the oil, flushed the antifreeze, and fuel system. I intend to replace the plugs tomorrow. Now the thing runs like garbage, in that, around 50 or so, when I stomp on it, it won't down shift & accelerate hard, it just gradually accelerates no matter what speed I start from. I also looked a the ATF, it's still red, no strawberry shake. In addition, the "check engine" light is on. I understand there could be multiple things wrong as a result of the circumstances, I'm just looking for some of y'alls advice before I start payin' people to hose me, or asking my Marines stupid questions (anonymity is cool here). The stupid part is, my Marines were like, "C'mon sir, you got it!" I was like yeah I got, I went for it & took a bath, they love that stuff. Thanks for any suggestions, & never fear, I realize they're just that & wouldn't try be pissy if I tried something & it didn't work Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays