NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old December 7th, 2003, 15:58
NAXJA Forum User

Question bigger lift, now what???

right now i am running a 3 inch skyjacker lift with rustys shackles and spacers so i'm up around 4.5 inches of lift. i just bought the RE 4.5 extreme duty leafs and was wondering what else i need once i install them. with my rustys shackle i should get almost 6 inches of lift in the rear and i also have 4.5 colis and 1.75 spacers for the front. i have the tc lowering kit and sye is next on my list, besdies that is there anything else that is needed once i go to that height?? and suggestions would be helpfull. thanks
Old December 8th, 2003, 13:58
NAXJA Member

Re: bigger lift, now what???

You will need an adjustable track bar and at least adjustable lower control arms. Some longer shocks would be good also.
Old December 8th, 2003, 17:01
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1102
right now i am running a 3 inch skyjacker lift with rustys shackles and spacers so i'm up around 4.5 inches of lift. i just bought the RE 4.5 extreme duty leafs and was wondering what else i need once i install them. with my rustys shackle i should get almost 6 inches of lift in the rear and i also have 4.5 colis and 1.75 spacers for the front. i have the tc lowering kit and sye is next on my list, besdies that is there anything else that is needed once i go to that height?? and suggestions would be helpfull. thanks
Those RE 4.5 leafs will give you over 6" of lift. That height is for a heavy weighted rear. On mine that are still over 6". For the front your fine. I would get the adjustable trac bar. but put on the leaf springs first and than see where it sits before you do the shackles. Just a thought...Juice
Old December 8th, 2003, 20:03
NAXJA Forum User

Longer Brake lines.
Old March 10th, 2004, 22:55
NAXJA Forum User

i second that.. they are a pain in the ass but its worth not having to worry bout it.
Old March 15th, 2004, 01:52
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1102
You might start wanting to think about steering options and support issues. It really is amazing home much you have to start modifying after 4.5 inches ...
Old March 8th, 2005, 06:58
NAXJA Forum User

how bout another 8 inches?-hah
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:49
NAXJA Forum User

you said that the SYE was next on your list also ? well if you get this youd also need to invest in a new driveshaft proper for your set up. this can get kindof pricey. i just did the exact thing youve done and swapped all my 3 inch springs for 4.5 with spacers and shackles on top... so now i have roughly a 6" lift. ive previosly installed an adjustable track bar, s/s brake lines, longer lower control arms, and a transfer case drop. im running the stock ds with no sye which i need to get soon, its just that is where the money starts getting high though.
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:53
NAXJA Member

Talking Re: bigger lift, now what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleworks
Longer Brake lines.
x2 easily forgotten about...
Nothing in Moderation . . .. . . . .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . competitor #91 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . The Ride Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
As if the program is running with some high level of integrity and only the best of the best win.
Old March 9th, 2005, 09:15
NAXJA Forum User

This thread is over a year old. Originally posted: 12-07-2003