• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone here rebuilt an engine

If you want I will be swapping one next week if you want to come some info. I have done 3 now. I have change out most stuff you can do and have a bunch of notes of what was good and what was annoying.

Also unless you have a ton of piston compression loss, the best thing to have done is get the head redone. It makes most 180K motors feel good again. The last time you changed out your rear seal did you inspect the bearing surface? if those get bad then it is time for the full deal.

I've rebuilt mine. If you're gonna build one may as well be a stroker.:repair:

I've done everything short of a complete rebuild. My 96 has a 99 engine in it right now. Threw in the towel on the original engine. After I replaced the the cracked head, I discovered the block was also cracked.

Built up a nice collection of tools, a engine hoist, engine stand and transmission jack working on these things. I have a good 96 engine that I plan to rebuild into a Stroker, but I'm not in a hurry because the 99 engine runs good. So far I have the 4.2 crank and rods and a 99 intake.

Back