• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4/AX15 wiring mods and CE Light

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so here's the deal:
I pulled the AW4 and swapped in the AX15. This means that I have no sensors for the AW4 (harness is unplugged and dangling). To start it I have to jump the white black wire from the harness (NSS wire) to the ground, which is not a big deal, but I get a check engine light with 743 and 753 which deals with the lack of sensors. Now.... without swapping the whole harness from the engine bay (last resort which I want to avoid!) what are my options? One thing is to unplug the TCU but I can't find it (yeah.... I know.. I looked but I can't find it). Then I wanna see what happens.

Btw, I did swap the main computer from teh manual in and clear the codes and the same codes came back so that means that it must be coming from the TCU. I'm hoping that if I get the TCU out of the way I will be able to run it without CE light and any problems (I'm not worried about the clutch lockout for starting). But are the any other things that I could/should try?

Hey bud,just checked the FSM,looks like the TCM is under the drivers side dash, justabove the accelerator pedal.I think you can disconnect it & clear your codes and be fine.Try it & let us know.

xjspyder said:
Hey bud,just checked the FSM,looks like the TCM is under the drivers side dash, justabove the accelerator pedal.I think you can disconnect it & clear your codes and be fine.Try it & let us know.
Will do that :D Although now I realized that I'll have to trace the wire I jump for starting and see if it goes through the tcm.... oh this is going to be fun :D

OK, I think I got it partially:
I disconnected the TCU and I got the 18xx something code which complaided about it missing. Then I swapped in my 98 comp which was for the manual transmission and it worked without the TCU. Plugged the TCU back in just to see what happens and then it complained about the missing signals/voltage/sensors from the selenoids. I unplugged the TCU, reset the codes and off it goes! Now the question is how will it behave on the road... but that test won't happen for a while.

Back