• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapped to a Durango box... PS line question

FatSlobBob

NAXJA Forum User
My power steering lines don't sit flush with the new Durango box. I can't remember if this is how it was with the stock box. The imgur link is a few pics of how the lines are sitting. They're tight at their current position in the pics. Okay or no?

https://imgur.com/gallery/J8no54X

If you have more than a couple of thread engagement and the lines aren't loose, you should be good to go. The seal is at the flared fitting, not the threads. Loosen the ferrule until you can barely move the lines in and out a bit then re-tighten. You should be able to tell if the ferrule is clamping down on the flared line.

I can check my durango box but it'll be a couple of hours.

Perfect. Yeah, everything seems nice and tight so it should be fine. Thanks for the response! Can't wait to have tight steering again

your pipe might he bent above the nut, hence the angle. but you may seal fine anyway. the rubber seal is somewhat forgiving. If available Id use a new seal, just cause its new, but if old seal,is undamaged it should be ok to use.

add a magnafine filter in the return line, keep the fluid clean

I added new o-rings to each line at the box. When I replace the lines themselves I'll throw a filter on it - thanks for the idea

I did! Unfortunately (if you read my other post) I sheared a UCA bolt so I have to fix that. But I did get to take it around the block before that happened. The steering is definitely much tighter and even a bit heavier. I'll have more of an opinion when I take her for an alignment on Tuesday.

Back