• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

gauge cluster not working

white hawk

NAXJA Forum User
i have 1988 jeep xj and i nstalled 94 jeep xj pedal assembly for a 99 grand cherokee brake booster swap. i undid the fuse block and tugged on it. cause it had crude stopping the bracket on the master cylinder to come out. at that time i didn't notice i had a clutch master cylinder leaking. gauges worked all along. i put everything back in and now the gauges don't work. the only thing i didnt put back on was the vaccum that has a plunger on the end of it for the brake pedal or clutch. i went over my work and still can't find anything. but none of the gauges work at all. gas gauge is way past its full mark its pegged out on full side. any help much appreciated.

If none of the gauges work I would really inspect and clean the main wire harness on the back of the cluster, and then trace it down the bundle from there. I'm sure you've thought of that already but it's my best starting point for you. Good luck.

Back