• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Powertrax Locker Issue

92xj01

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of installing a 1250-LR into my Chrysler 8.25 on my 2001 Cherokee. I’m at the point where I have to put the cross pin back in and it doesn’t seem there is space for it to slide back in. I pushed and pulled on the axle shafts numerous times while pushing against the Collars that go over the C- clips to see if they would seat better but still no luck. Is there something I am missing here? I have a picture of the assembly in its current state to show you where I’m having the issue with cross pin clearance but it won't let me post it here. Everything has been done by the book so far and I’m stuck on what to do from here…
Thank you

Sounds like something isn't seated correctly, I've had my "No-slip" in/out many times over the last 20yrs with ease!

Did you check to make sure the c-clips fit fully seated in the side cups?

Not to hijack the thread, but do yall ever have issues with the c clips not coming out after hard wheeling?

How could "wheeling hard" cause that ???????

Bent axle shafts, or bent housing from hitting a curb doing donuts at the mall?

The only time that I have had an actually really hard time removing c clips, is when someone installed “seal saver” wheel bearings and seals, which move the sealing surface… which puts outward pressure on the axle shaft. Solution was to c clamp the axle inwards, giving myself time to work the c clips.

Back