• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Xj: Cooling Hoses & Modification Options? Recall 5-90's conversion?

RAVC1

NAXJA Forum User
I still have the OEM closed system. I am replacing everything today as a result of a leak from the upper hose at the heater core. I examine the heater core fitting carefully and it is know to be fine.

The only hoses available locally are Dayco with the one exception of the reservoir to the tee. I found this at Crown Auto and ordered it on Amazon.
The problem is the two longest hoses (water pump & thermostat housing connections) are not the correct length. All auto parts stores have the same hoses available so, I must make these work for the time being.

A member with username 5-90 (or similar) converted his system to copper tubing but, I was unable to find his thread. Can anyone refer me to this?
I do not recall the details and wanted to review his work before attempting to do this on my Xj.

Back