• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New model year?

ZacSquatch

NAXJA Forum User
When do the 2010 jeeps come out? just wondering, didnt know if its feb like ATV and similar stuff or july.

Used to be late fall, but it seems like it's getting earlier and earlier. Prolly see some new stuff on the dealer lots by May this year. Well, if there are any that haven't gone bankrupt yet.

They shut down in May for retooling if I remember correct, the first ones start arriving at the dealers mid to late august. I think the 09 orders are done the end of this month or mid march from what I remember.

What's the poop? Buying a JK instead of building another XJ?

Traditionally the new models are produced from September on. Fi your vehicle has a 09/ 19xx production date it is most likely the next model year. There have always been exceptions to this but the vast majority follow this "rule". With the backlog of vehicles currently waiting to be sold at dealer lots, shipping lots and even at the plants plus the numerous plant shut downs I wouldn't expect to see any true 2009 models arriving at a Chrysler lot right now unless it's a Challenger.

So to answer your question: October 2009 if Chrysler still exists and sells enough vehicles to justify a 2010 model year.

haha, well I guess I wont wait til then to get an 07 JK... thought the prices would drop with a new model year but I'm getting something end may/begining of june

They change it up all the time. Usually it's in the fall, but the 07 Tahoes came out in like March 06.

Back