• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Fender Trimming

Flyfisher

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '89 XJ Wagoneer Limited...3" Skyjacker lift with 1-1/2" shackle lifts in the rear in addition to 3" lift replacement springs (not AAL's). Currently running 31's and considering running 33's with new wheels too (son wants my 31's). Wondering how to trim the rear of the front fender flares. I trimmed the front side with a saws-all...without removing the flares...to fit the look of my Tomkin bumper. Know I need to trim the rear side of the front fenders to run the 33's, but wondering if I need to remove the flares to do so. I know removing them will be a PITA cuz of age...

Any help will be appreciated. Also, any advice on trimming to fit the rear will also be appreciated. I've searched...but didn't see something that fit my need.

taking off the flares requires taking off about 6 nuts on the inside of the fender well. Takes about 3 minutes. I think they're 10mm nuts, just put some PB blaster on it and they're out. It's not hard at all.

Chris

Back