• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar/Unibody Cross bracing

Rockdrummer93

NAXJA Forum User
Lets see what y'all have out there for some cross-bracing. It real tight up under the front of my XJ with my 60 and winch so need some ideas. The only way I can see to do it at this moment in time is to go full hydro to clear up some room which I don't mind doing but really don't want to drop that kind of cash right now.

Check out the way ironmanfab4x4 has their trac bar and brace. I just copied that idea and it works good. I had to rush to finish mine in a day to wheel but I will improve it. You'll get the idea.

Basically from the front of the trac bar bracket to where the old away bar mounts are I believe.

57094774ce8bc9bf123dcf7bff9e7a69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28374142365_8e1e2e5ed9.jpg
. I should brace the part that holds the box more, bit it's been working extremely well. Tied the front end together nicely.
27757503924_8f7d98351e.jpg
and this is probably the only reason my Rusty's bracket is still intact.

in full flex the track bar comes pretty close to the oil pan

Disclaimer: My set up is pretty hack. Being said my trac bar is very close to the oil pan as well doing OTA trac bar on 3.5” of lift. Luckily my trac bar mount would hit the diff before the trac bar hits the oil pan.

Ironmanfab4x4 has their trac bar and trac bar bracket brace in different vertical planes. Maybe add a bend or two in the trac bar for clearance then 1” motor mount lift for extra clearance between the oil pan?

That cleared up as much space as possible for my trac bar because before the brace that was right above it was hitting like a mofo.

What I'm thinking about doing is bending a piece of tube high from frame to frame to hug the oil pan then have a piece come off the track bar mount to that. That way the actual brace isn't in the same plane as the track bar

Sent from my iPhone

That way the actual brace isn't in the same plane as the track bar

Bingo. Here is a better pic/angle of what I am talking about.

ai978-photobucket-com_albums_ae262_1tonoffun_jeep_ad5b3f3c_219a489c156cddf4a6035ba23f4c7fa609c-jpg.223396

There is probably a 8 degree angle difference from the vertical plane of the trac bar and the brace itself. Still need to beef mine up a bit then add another bolt hole lower on the bracket then weld another piece of metal to the brace there. I don't know how much the stock 4 bolts are holding the bracket but the brace should be contributing a bit of rigidity to the whole thing.

This is what I am working with right now.. These are the best pics I have at the moment. Its tore down right now awaiting some unibody repair. I have moved the frame mount up closer to the front so if I did a brace it would have to be behind the trac bar

IMG_1119_zpsdw9mquwc.jpg

IMG_1176_zpsuzgvjr46.jpg

Back