• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

12:00 Flasher

did it go out with the thumb drives?

I miss those

No joke, not being able to use external USB storage devices is crippling. Especially since DOIM keeps our bandwidth at 56k levels.

Coastie,
Can I get the stupid red box to quit popping up everytime I log in? I KNOW THUMBDRIVES are not allowed.

Every weekend you ESU guys mess with the servers it takes me longer to get the morning brief ready. Do I need to go in earlier tomorrow?

Tom

Coastie,
Can I get the stupid red box to quit popping up everytime I log in? I KNOW THUMBDRIVES are not allowed.

Every weekend you ESU guys mess with the servers it takes me longer to get the morning brief ready. Do I need to go in earlier tomorrow?

Tom

We don't get that, even if we try to use a thumb drive.

I bet DOIM will now implement the box after reading my post.

:eyes:

Coastie,

Tom

Haha I love that the box is getting bigger and bigger. Yea there is a way to get rid of the box but it would be on a machine by machine bases. Sorry, blame the people that keep breaking the rule.

Last edited:
Kinda wild to hear about how each gov entity or company does their thing. If it's a data copy, I just do it over the network within the same area. Onsites I usually use an external drive.
I haven't heard about Timbuktu in ages...but I guess it's still out there.

Problem is, you can't use external HDDs anymore because they are USB connections.

Sucks when you have an external full of data, but you have to hook it up to a laptop, burn a disc, then transfer it to your workstation just to get data.

Haha I love that the box is getting bigger and bigger. Yea there is a way to get rid of the box but it would be on a machine by machine bases. Sorry, blame the people that keep breaking the rule.

The box is getting bigger AND it's changing colors. Eventually, the computer will beep at us, then we'll be getting a phone call from some poor IT3 fresh out of A-school every time we log in.

Back