• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Intake Manifold Upgrade

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
Will the 99,00,01 manifolds all work on a 98 4.0? Will Grand Cherokee manifolds work? What is good price for a complete manifold?

That is a common upgrade for the Jeep Speed folks. It will fit but you will need all power steering brackets that go with it.

It will work on a 98. I just picked up an intake manifold off of a 99 grand for my 98 4.0. I also picked up the Banks look-a-like, and I'm gonna do em both at the same time. You only need new power steering stuff on the pre 97. I picked up my manifold, complete with fuel rail, injectors, and throttle body from a local junkyard for $125. That seems to be about average, unless you can get it from a u-pull-it yard. I'm keeping my 98 injectors and TB, and I'm gonna throw the rest on ebay.

Mine came off a TJ and worked exactly the same. I have even the dyno charts now given to me by someone that had used my write up to install theirs. www.go.jeep-xj.info

Back