• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant temp sensor

Jeff1

NAXJA Forum User
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't have a coolant temp sensor on the left side of the block, in front of the block drain plug like the service manual says I should. I only have the one in the thermo housing? Anybody have a clue? It's a 95 with a 4.0

are u talking about for your gauges?

that on the back of the block

I know one's for the computer(assuming its the one in the thermo housing). The service manual shows the other on the left side of the block just in front of the drain plug.There's a plug there but no sensor. I'll check in the back of the block. Thanks.

yea i dont know about that one ... the only one i can think of is on the top on the back of the block drivers side

The one at the back of the block is the gauge.

The one in the t-stat housing runs your computer etc.

The Renix years had it in the side of the block.

Is the manual for your year??

Jeff1 said:
Is the manual for your year??

Yep, it's a 1995 service manual[/QUOTE]

The 1995 year model uses the DC ECM not the Renix. They do not have the sendor/sensor in the side of the engine block under the exhaust manifold just 2 drain plugs. The sendors for that year model are:

1) in the thermostat housing. That sends signals to the ECM.
2) in the back of the cylinder, drivers side. The signals from thet one goes to the in-dash guage.

I think the Renix model ended in ???1991/ 1992. (not sure)

Anyone have a part number for the gauge sensor?
And a more detailed decription of where it is cause I am blind and can't find it.
Thanks

I believe 90-91 was the crossover. At least I've seen closed cooling systems on both years but no open systems on 90's. As far as sensors, I dunno.

Back