• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Squeek!!! Squeek!!!!

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj sport, 3" lift, new swar bar links, new trac bar, new shocks, and 4 months out i am now the proud owner of a squeek only on my drivers side in the front. Happens when i turn and go over even the mildest bump....all bushing on a 2000 should be fairly new (it does have 205,000 miles) and once under the front end i cannot seem to locate....before i start replacing bushings do i need to, or could my problem be related to something else????

i could be your control arm bushings, they tend to get squeeky. i would try driving it to reproduce the squeek, and add wd-40 or soapy water to an individual bushing to issolate it. if the squeek stops, then you know it was the last bushing you sprayed. also try pushing up and down on the front end while a buddy listens for sqeeks to issolate it.

Back