• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

walker vally 2/27

BenDiesel

NAXJA Forum User
well heres the after math. it was a interesting trip. barley made it up upper mainline. we wouldnt have if it wasnt for that kick ass cj buggy that was with us.

imag0311o.jpg

imag0307o.jpg

imag0306a.jpg

imag0305e.jpg

005jqq.jpg

028rx.jpg

033jv.jpg

037ia.jpg

039nm.jpg

053kw.jpg

054lxn.jpg

070ay.jpg

076a.jpg

079wj.jpg

095ko.jpg

098tg.jpg

100rg.jpg

118deu.jpg

120aa.jpg
i got vid. gona trim them up and make a good vid out of them check back later in the week lol

It's funny how a good snow fall completely changes the trails. Looks like it was a fun day regardless, and it's good to see Ben's Jeep out on the trails.

How did it do, Ben?

Does Walker have a campground near by? I'd like to make a trip up there eventually.

It's funny how a good snow fall completely changes the trails. Looks like it was a fun day regardless, and it's good to see Ben's Jeep out on the trails.

How did it do, Ben?

Does Walker have a campground near by? I'd like to make a trip up there eventually.
it did as well as expected. lol i found a tree or 3. need to get the rear locker working

How did it do, Ben?

Ben's jeep did suprisingly well as did he for the first time doing some real trip to a ORV Park behind the wheel. It was definately a balance of gear selection, momentum and throttle control. I think the next time I do a snow run, I want to stick to FS roads:gee:
I bent the inner bead of 1 rim, got a few more beauty marks, broke off a mirror. I think Ben, broke a mirror, got some good beauty marks, broke a front lens.
I think other carnage for the day was a broken drive shaft ujoint.

There are no camp sites at walker. But Im sure there is around the area... and I believe you can set up camp for the night at the staging area and rock pit, as long as you pack up in the morning before you head to the trails.

That was a tough day for me guys! I just couldn't seem to find traction anywhere. I started out at 8PSI then to 6PSI then somewhere down to 4-5PSI with a marginal improvement each time. I am not happy with my performance on the trail and I swear I later had nightmares about sliding backwards with the brakes on. Thanks to Shane in the CJ Buggy for pulling me out multiple times. Yes, I know :rolleyes: I need a faster winch, hopefully that's my next project.

Turns out my wife is not too good behind a camera although she says I'm too hard on her. It was her first time with a video camera. We got one lousy video of me winching after a lot of editing to remove about 5 riveting minutes of a closeup of her finger.

Thanks guys, lets not do that again :D. -Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=rYljXfNf1JY

Ahh you guys went out with Shane? Gata love the sound of his rig.

Looks like a fun trip! Bummer I couldn't go, but someone has to work Sundays.

That was a tough day for me guys! I just couldn't seem to find traction anywhere. I started out at 8PSI then to 6PSI then somewhere down to 4-5PSI with a marginal improvement each time. I am not happy with my performance on the trail and I swear I later had nightmares about sliding backwards with the brakes on. Thanks to Shane in the CJ Buggy for pulling me out multiple times. Yes, I know :rolleyes: I need a faster winch, hopefully that's my next project.

Turns out my wife is not too good behind a camera although she says I'm too hard on her. It was her first time with a video camera. We got one lousy video of me winching after a lot of editing to remove about 5 riveting minutes of a closeup of her finger.

Thanks guys, lets not do that again :D. -Rich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=rYljXfNf1JY

Rich, no worries man, we all had issues that day finding traction! At least you had a winch, and I quote " I need practice winching" :rof: you definately got it that day.

Scott,

Yeah we met up with Shane, Vince, Grant and few other guys from PNW. Great group of guys with very nice rigs. Shane rig was definately fun to hear on the trail.

Ben, HURRY UP WITH THE VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome videos Ben! :thumbup:

Looks like fun guys. Very cool that Walker had that much snow. That reminds me that I should get back out on the trails one of these days, though the skiing has be awesome!!

Cool videos man I wish I could have made it out there on but I
would have just slowed everyone down
I cant believe that you guys were having that much truble in some
areas. I would imagine that it was cold in the cj.

lol the guys in the cj were complaining that it was to warm in their snow mobile sutes lol. ya there will be more runs this year. http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1052889
i konw i will be going out again as soon as i can. prob in like 3 or so weeks

Back