• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Web wheelers trip report :D

bmikes

NAXJA Forum User
Alright alright here's the list of carnage I saw: nothing!! Haha I'm liking this whole wheeling without breaking every trip out thing!

I only came out for Saturday, and the great blueballer of xjromeo came out with me. We met up with bronzewyrm, mojojo and the rest of the crew and headed out for archers. I was quite surprised to see how much work has been done up there, there's been a lot of work done for by passes and new gravel roads.

Anyway, we hit most of archers, then went to waterfall and played. Then mojojo and some others split off and headed back to camp but dan (can't remember your screen name) bronzewyrm, xjromeo, and I headed out to see about airplane hill. Upon getting there it was apparent some big rigs had been playin in there and had totally undercut ledges, dug out potholes, and rearranged rocks. So no such luck today. Mikey tried it but only got about a car lengths in and decided to take a rain check on it.

Here's my pics, and I have some videos YouTube links to later.

jevesume.jpg

jy7uqyna.jpg

4apyvygu.jpg

Doh!
e5ajurun.jpg

yre5eded.jpg

yhuhyba6.jpg

Progression of pics on how rod worked his way horizontally across that face to finally make it up!
yqyreju4.jpg

ezadypu8.jpg

jy3ajuse.jpg

va6a4e9e.jpg

this was alot of fun even though we showed up just for sunday night monday I went up waterfall which was my first time ever. I didnt break anything but found a sticking hub.

Last edited:
been a while since I had the time to do a report. figure im due. not too many pics but ill see if I can fill in the blanks.

The plan for me was to set camp and wheel Saturday through Monday. Tessa was to meet us up there sunday morning. She was able to fandangle some things at work and arrived Saturday night :D

I was excited about this run for a few reasons. The last time I wheeled with bmikes and xjromeo. ALL of our rigs were Much Much different. it was 3 days after my 31st b-day, this was my trial run for having real cabinets and entertainment in the sleeper, And Tessa's uncle Gus would be taking his new to him yota out to tsf for this first taste of OHV fun.

We stopped at the gales creek station to pickup a permit, and I was dying to get my hands on the newest trail map. Brandon and Mykey rolled in while we were getting things done. Had a DellstopJeep spotting, he was not in a talkative mood. It must not have been the type of group he was looking for. Made it to camp, rod's smiling face was awaiting us. Streetpirate soon joined us! I unhitched, aired down, threw lunch in and we were ready for the day(after a good ole talk with the ODF) it's getting old.... rod had a buddy with him in another XJ so in all we were rolling 5xj deep and one Toyota for the day. We decided to head straight for archers beings rod and I were burnt on the closer side of things, and we had a couple of smaller rigs in the group. I "Thought" I might not be leading this run as rod pipes up "you want to take the lead john? you probably know archers better than me" I knew what it ment, and right as I agreed, he said it. "SUCKER!" BASTARDO! :banghead:

ODF has done a FANTASTIC job at making the forest ready for the session and winter to come. there have been massive subtle changes all over the place. they are ALL good, and have potential to improve the OHV experience at the same time.

After Running Gravel and Hoodraiser we arrived at hogsback. it was hogsback. its always fun watching the stockers try to find the line:eyes:
IMG_20140510_113418_zpse2daa8fa.jpg

IMG_20140510_113308_zps59a2c33f.jpg

I wish he would quit beating the shot out of it, this thing really is SEXY:loveu:
IMG_20140510_113152_zps78f5025d.jpg

Blue Ball This
IMG_20140510_113231_zps2c04c4d7.jpg

IMG_20140510_113847_zpseb909667.jpg

We made good time to canopener, somehow rod and I didn't think it would be possible so we headed on. Making waterfall in good time we all lined up. we all had decent runs though the filter except for Romeo's 35's and 355's making me and rod look like fools with the coin sitting in our rigs:anon:
I got 1/2 was up the face and was told, "don't back up" "your hitch is digging in to the wall" :anon::eyes::banghead::explosion:bawl:......... f-it,:passgas:I went up the hill.

Brandon lacking a rear locker, was denied At the same time as rod, had me Trying everything I could see, to get him up the left line. After about 15min of slickery hoppy side hill climbing, and more than a few "Looks" from the passenger. he made it up unassisted to assist Brandon by lending a cable. Props rod, it took a bit. Glad she didn't Bail on ya :laugh:.

Brandon and myke just hadn't had enough at this point and were itching to get to airplane hill. rod took some back to camp, we ventured out. filters were filters. like Brandon said. after the destruction we came upon there, we were headed back to camp via back of 7up down to lyda and out.

Sunday rod and dan packed up there crews and headed for home. we had a couple more days to go and figured we would roll with the punches for the day. took off for a quick run. Tessa agreed to try the "hill climb" trail I described to her after finding U-firepower closed. Bates road is what I was talking about :firedevil We ran it all the way to the top. It was a blast for the both of us heading up that thing alone. Josh was sleeping in the back. only to wake up on the ridge over looking everything. He was tripped out for sure lol. we dropped down to the HW then headed back in to run powerline back to camp, gathering firewood along the way. Making it back to camp I hear a voice. its Jen, Stagg65's Better 1/2. she had a small camp setup with there little one and said Zach would be up later in the evening. NICE!

Zach had not seen much of tsf other than fb5, so I decided to take him back archers way and to waterfall.

IMG_20140512_121034_zpsc25c3e5f.jpg

IMG_20140512_121849_zps306e7ee6.jpg

As for Carnage... I need to order poly inserts for the UCA ballistic joint, and a new O2 is needed. Joshua however took one for the team! slipped on the bench and got a nice one under the chin. it would have needed stiches, but in the 1st aid kit we had some steri-strips. they took care of the problem in no time. he was off and back to camping in no time. like a champ!
IMG_20140511_141758_zpsaab09edf.jpg

Thanks to all that made it out. it was a blast as always. I knew all of you before, But you all had not met before. It Was a good group. Cant wait to do it again!

Bronze.

Back